PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-15-2014, 03:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Grrrrrrrrrr .... I'm sorry, but there was an error in B737 Helios. Thanks to croden who noticed me about it - I repair the wrong file.

Catalogue of my models
Old 03-15-2014, 06:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Here are the pictures of the Test build for the Connie. Some improvements were required and have been included in the three models attached:
A KLM version
A USAF version (one of the 11 models that were delivered to the USAF before the end of WWII)
A white version.

Hope you like it.
Bruno
Awesome design, Bruno!!
I'm hoping someone will recolor it for TWA and Pan American at some point...and Eastern if you are so inclined...

Cheers!
Jim
Old 03-16-2014, 04:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.20 GB
Hi Bruno!
I have built your Tu-114 Rossija paper model in 1/150 scale. Unfortunately the wings of Tu-95 should be upside down on Tu-114. But it dosn't matters, the model is great! Thank you and Gerry for this wonderful model!
Regards,
Sergey.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-p5130093.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p5130096.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p5130097.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p5130098.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p5130099.jpg  

One model per (non-working) day-p5130100.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p5130101.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p5130103.jpg  
Old 03-16-2014, 05:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 26.63 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serg3t View Post
Hi Bruno!
I have built your Tu-114 Rossija paper model in 1/150 scale. Unfortunately the wings of Tu-95 should be upside down on Tu-114. But it dosn't matters, the model is great! Thank you and Gerry for this wonderful model!
Regards,
Sergey.
That is the great thing about Bruno's designs!
I have also done some testing in bigger scales and the modes look fine with no modification or with the minor ones. That proves how clean and clever are the designs.
Bruno has found the exact balance between fast building and realistic models. This threadis a dream become true for me.
Now, let's wait for the Trident family, my favorite airliner and the very first one I step.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Thanks for the nice words.
I will however not take the credit for the Tu-114 which is Gerry's design (partly based on my Tu-95).
Nice to know that rescaling still gives reasonable results. I try to keep the balance you mentioned.

I was already considering the Connie in TWA colors, but I first have to do the Il-18 as promised. As for the trident that is on the list but not planned yet.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
If anyone has built the a330 or a340 planes, can you please give me a close up view of the bottom where the wings attach?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
A special gift for you (when it's Sunday ;-) ) - B727-100 in "rainbow" livery of TransBrasil. In the file you can find no less than 5 version. Enjoy it!

Catalogue of my models
Old 03-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by croden View Post
If anyone has built the a330 or a340 planes, can you please give me a close up view of the bottom where the wings attach?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi Christopher,

the wing root is indeed a somewhat tricky part (especially when there are no instructions provided )
here are some pictures that try to explain how to proceed.

first you build the wing root. Note that this is not round in shape but rather boxed with rounded corners (check front views of airlines if you are not sure what I mean)

then you attach the wingroot to the fuselage where you only attach the borders (glue about 1 mm of the inside to the fuselage)

Then you make the wing (which I did not very well this time, and by the way it's a 2-part wing in this picture) and you glue it with a slight dihedral in the dotted line (this line is too long for the wing). Just make sure that the landing gear panel on the fuselage and on the wing are approximately aligned center to one another.

Hope that helps
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-p1120301.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120302.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120303.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120304.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120306.jpg  

Old 03-16-2014, 09:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Hi Christopher,

the wing root is indeed a somewhat tricky part (especially when there are no instructions provided )
here are some pictures that try to explain how to proceed.

first you build the wing root. Note that this is not round in shape but rather boxed with rounded corners (check front views of airlines if you are not sure what I mean)

then you attach the wingroot to the fuselage where you only attach the borders (glue about 1 mm of the inside to the fuselage)

Then you make the wing (which I did not very well this time, and by the way it's a 2-part wing in this picture) and you glue it with a slight dihedral in the dotted line (this line is too long for the wing). Just make sure that the landing gear panel on the fuselage and on the wing are approximately aligned center to one another.

Hope that helps
This helps a lot! Big thanks. I'm currently working on the Aerolineas Argentinas model and it seems to be turning out ok.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Here is the Armée de l'Air DC-8, only missing its engines and landing gear.

One model per (non-working) day-s-p-dc8-50-fr-04.jpg One model per (non-working) day-s-p-dc8-50-fr-05.jpg

This is my first airliner and I'm making errors. That box under the fuselage was hard to shape and the dihedral of the wings and stabilisators is wrong (or missing in the case of the wings).

Tags
hornet, policía federal