PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-22-2014, 03:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Cheers Gerry ... Any era will do. The simpler the better.
It's the plane I want not pretty colours. As you may have noted from earlier requests, I like white or bare metal Cold War war-birds. Camouflage hides details, but then again, I suppose that's what it's meant to do.

Johnny.
Sorry chaps,
I only had to do a copy and paste from another BA model to get this done.

here are also some pictures of the constructed model.

the wings are somewhat tricky. As you will notice the lower wing is not as wide as the upper wing. this is done on purpose. the wing root should be glued into the wing so that it touches the upper wing from the inside and so that the lower wing aligns with the dotted line on the wing root. (I have no idea if this explanation is clear)

Have fun with the model.
Attached Thumbnails
One model per (non-working) day-p1120316.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120317.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120313.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120314.jpg   One model per (non-working) day-p1120315.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Concorde British Scissors and Planes.pdf (68.0 KB, 501 views)
Old 03-22-2014, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Cheers Bruno ... It's on the pile, but there's still a few on top of it.

Johnny.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Another job that I needn't to do :-D Never mind - I've got another planes to do. At least I'll upload a landing gear for Concorde that I began to draw.
I've got a little wish, too .... I'm finishing first recolor of Connie (only LG is missing) and I've got a lot of materials for another versions (1049, 1049G, 1649). Bruno, have you in your list these versions, too?

Catalogue of my models
Old 03-22-2014, 10:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Would someone be able to do an airline from China recolor? I'd prefer the a330/340 series but any Chinese/Taiwanese airline is fine. IE Air China, China Airlines, China Southern, China Eastern.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1966 View Post
Another job that I needn't to do :-D Never mind - I've got another planes to do. At least I'll upload a landing gear for Concorde that I began to draw.
I've got a little wish, too .... I'm finishing first recolor of Connie (only LG is missing) and I've got a lot of materials for another versions (1049, 1049G, 1649). Bruno, have you in your list these versions, too?
Yes, I do.
and I made the same analysis in the differences: the 1049G having another nose and tip tanks than the 1049, and the 1649 having completely new wings. all other "versions" can be made with the parts of the 4 "basic" versions (the 749 being the fourth).
I can't say when I'll be tackling those models. I'm trying to get the Trident done for today. I already did the calculations for the 1049G though so that is already available.

Perhaps you can recolor the Concorde in other (never operated) liveries like PanAm, Japan Airlines or lufthansa as can be seen on this image here:

Bruno
Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 484.03 MB
Great news, again.
As far as I know, main difference between 749 and 1049 is longer fuselage and square windows, am I right?
My ready recolor (BOAC) is 049 version. But this is the same look - 749 was long-range version, so only bigger fuel tanks and improved landing gear were used.
And as for Concorde - there was Singapore Airlines version, too ... starboard side of plane was BA, port Singapore ...

Catalogue of my models
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 883.09 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by croden View Post
Would someone be able to do an airline from China recolor? I'd prefer the a330/340 series but any Chinese/Taiwanese airline is fine. IE Air China, China Airlines, China Southern, China Eastern.
Etihad would be great too. Thanks for doing the more advanced recolors that I cant do.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:25 PM

Here's my model for today: the Hawker-Siddeley Trident 1E from BEA.
Hope you like it and hope it will lead to some recolors. That's why I also put in a white version of the model.

Bruno
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Trident BEA Scissors and Planes.pdf (32.2 KB, 569 views)
File Type: pdf Trident white Scissors and Planes.pdf (30.0 KB, 408 views)
Old 03-22-2014, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Well now ... would you believe it? The very last aircraft I ever flew in was a Trident ... an RAF one ...

I think they were a little different to the Civil Airline ones though. Different engines, and fitted with under floor tanks for aerial refueling.

Don't remember a lot about this one though ... I was with the Family, coming back to UK from Cyprus and unwillingly heading for demob and retirement, so I wasn't exactly sober. I just remember it as an exceptionally wide passenger compartment with a very large cinema screen, which kept the kids entertained while I slept.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.

PS: Comet fuselage done ... lookin' good.

Tags
hornet, policía federal