PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-16-2013, 06:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another excellent addition to the 1/87 line, Leif.

Don
Old 09-23-2013, 12:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Caudron C.690M "Rafale" - 1/87 scale, two versions

Curt, Jan, Don - you're all true fans of the little ones. Here's another:

Caudron C.690M "Rafale" - 1/87 scale, two versions

This is a very rare and quite attractive French Caudron aircraft from the late 1930s. Based on an earlier generation of racing aircraft, the C.690M "Rafale" was intended as an advanced fighter trainer.

The Caudron company eagerly sought to sell it to a number of countries, not very successfully. One "Rafale" ended up in the Soviet Untion, though, and it is modeled in the kit in splendid red with white trim lines. Built like this, it would be a real adornment to any HO scale diorama, and could well pass for a generic low-wing, high-performance private aircraft. ("Rafale" means "gust of wind", as far as I can find; the aircraft certainly seems to deserve such a name!)

The kit also includes the original French WWII camo, as once drawn by Roman Vasilyev, "Der Kampfflieger", in his 1/72 original free download. That kit is no longer available at any shape or scale, but certainly deserves to be preserved. Roman very kindly has let me recolor, rescale, and kit it in this 1/87 form.

As usual, the kit is formatted for printing on 5” x 7” (13 x 18cm) cards for a nice large picture postcard size kit. Or you can print two kit pages on each regular size either A4 or Letter paper (with ample margins).

I recommend that you only print the the two last pages of the kit on photo paper, 170-200g/m2. That way you will get both models into one ordinary size sheet of photo paper. The four previous pages can be printed on ordinary paper. But hey are really best viewed on-screen, since then you automatically get them in large, comfortable page-by-page size, and - more importantly - you can access all links to original sources for drawings, profiles and photos. Everywhere a source is implied, just click that part of the text.

Here's what the rest of the kit pages look like:

Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-caudron-rafale-2.jpg Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-caudron-rafale-3.jpg Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-caudron-rafale-4.jpg Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-caudron-rafale-5.jpg Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-caudron-rafale-6.jpg

A word of caution - these models really are best suited for experienced builders. There are no gluestrips included. This is actually not a drawback, since the experienced builder most probably will not want to use paper gluestrips in these small models, but some other way of closing sections and attaching them to each other.

A tip here: I recently discovered the boons of surgical tape - easily bought as the kind of thin, papery band-aid tape, usually white. They are excellent for closing up sections, and have almost zero thickness, thus no problems with fit to formers. Cut out thin srips of them. Their adhesive on one side is very strong, and the other side takes white glue very well.

Anyway, please have a look at the kit. You will find it here, in the interwar aircraft section of the downlad pages on the site.

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-caudron-rafale-cover.jpg  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.35 GB
I love these mate keep up the good work.
Mike
Old 09-23-2013, 07:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
The Caudron is an outstanding choice!

Don
Old 09-23-2013, 10:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.92 GB
Thank you very much again and the civil version is a nice addition.
Google Adsense
Old 09-23-2013, 11:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.31 MB
Nice job. These are looking very sharp.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Dusty Crophopper from Disney "Planes" in 1/87 scale

Thanks guys! Here's another one, civilian & kind of fictitious, but then again not, as the original got painted up like the fictitious one. Strange things going on in the PR world... Anyways, who can resist this one:

Dusty Crophopper from Disney "Planes" in 1/87 scale

Here's a real gem for you, and topical at that. It is Jules Perdana's (Paper-replika.com) version of Dusty Crophopper from the film "Planes", rescaled to 1/87, with kind permission from the original author. What HO layout could be without such a plane these days?

All instructions sketches & text are included, plus a three-view of the original, and some photos of it in action. Here are a few sample pages:

Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-page-4.jpg Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-page-7.jpg

Out of respect for Jules' efforts, the rescaled version you get from the downloads (civilian aircraft) section is locked. In order to get the correct password, you are required to go to Paper-replika.com and download the original "Dusty" model. Then use the same password for the 1/87 scale version you get from this site.

I hope you enjoy this. It is a most striking little aircraft, and the original is - as usual from Paper-replika - of very high quality and craftmanship.

Leif
Attached Thumbnails
Reworking aircraft models by other authors into 1/87 scale-cover.jpg  
Old 09-28-2013, 11:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I never would have thought of that one for the rescales. Thanks.
Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
Fiddlers Green Magic Keys today has a Hanger and Private strip which include an HO, N, and Z scale Piper Cub, Piper Tripacer, Aeronca, Citabria, and Ercoupe.

Beard
Old 09-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
Leif you know this is my all time favorite but as it was my first which drove me nuts at times and I don't drink so no help there. Maybe it's getting closer to that time for me. Thanks you for the heads up and the sharing. I always look forward to your builds. wc
Google Adsense