Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-31-2013, 01:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 320.85 MB
The comparison photo is interesting - only 13 tears separate them

Tim
Old 12-31-2013, 06:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 209.22 MB
Hello Isaac,

I like your build very much. It's a fine and clean one. And I like your building thread, too. That's what I like: a lot of pics of the building process and descriptive comments.

I always feel that I've too much models, enough for several lifes, but know I think there is one more to buy...and your thread is guilty for such an crazy behavior of me.
Old 12-31-2013, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceglue View Post
Hello Isaac,

I like your build very much. It's a fine and clean one. And I like your building thread, too. That's what I like: a lot of pics of the building process and descriptive comments.

I always feel that I've too much models, enough for several lives, but know I think there is one more to buy...and your thread is guilty for such an crazy behavior of me.

I think it is important to share real information during a model build. Not just the major steps or the final photos in the gallery. Even if the model is perfect like the Mona Lisa, after a few minutes the attention is gone and we look for something else. But a building log can keep the interest of the reader for allot longer time.

I am glad you enjoy it.

Regarding model collecting, my recommendation is only purchase or download what you will build. There is no need to collect hundreds or thousands of kits ( unless you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ).

Have a great and a happy new year.

Isaac
Old 12-31-2013, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 31.95 MB
Nice model. I had no idea you could get this level of detail.....with PAPER! Love it.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:03 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjones39740 View Post
Nice model. I had no idea you could get this level of detail.....with PAPER! Love it.
There are many kits that are superior in design and printing to others.

Not necessarily more details needed, but better fit and more accurate externally.

Once you gained enough experience, you can work on those. Especially the new computer aided generated kits.

Enjoy the hobby.

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 05-22-2024, 10:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.52 MB
Hello, I have bought this Lightning model, but the instructions are in Polish. How can I get a set instructions in English? Kind regards. Andre du Plessis. Pretoria South Africa.
Old 05-22-2024, 03:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupart View Post
Hello, I have bought this Lightning model, but the instructions are in Polish. How can I get a set instructions in English? Kind regards. Andre du Plessis. Pretoria South Africa.
You do not need instructions. Just follow my build and use the many figures in the kit itself.

Isaac
Old 05-22-2024, 07:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
When I’ve wanted the instructions in English, I’ve transcribed them using a Polish keyboard (Google it, I use polish.typeit.org), then run that through a translator (Google translate works fine). Yes, it’s tedious. You need a Polish keyboard because Polish has letters that are not used in English.

Last edited by Amccombs3; 05-22-2024 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2024, 05:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
You can also use Google Translate, which you can install on your phone (or perhaps it's already installed on your phone by default). There is a camera option, and when you point your phone to the text you want to translate, the translation appears automatically in the lens. That saves a lot of time. Herewith an example of Polish text translated into English. Perhaps it even can translate the to Afrikaans.

Erik
Attached Thumbnails
BAC Lightning F Mk. 6 Fly model in 1/33-img_1412.jpg