PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 01-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
PM,
THe SAR bird is looking really good so far, another clean, neat build. Check your email, for the revised parts I sent you today.
My laptop decided it did not like my version of Photo Shop any more, and so was not able to do any model work til I got home from the coast where I work and was able to use my desk top.
Jeff
Old 01-06-2014, 12:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
And the latest pics. Oops forgot a few photos and now it seems a big step forward.
The guns of the others turrets, mid and tail, can tilt apart from the turrets being able
to turn side ways. That's after a whole evening scratch building them.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
OBP PBM-3C Nickel Boat and PBM-5 SAR Norfolk-dscn1797.jpg   OBP PBM-3C Nickel Boat and PBM-5 SAR Norfolk-dscn1798.jpg   OBP PBM-3C Nickel Boat and PBM-5 SAR Norfolk-dscn1799.jpg   OBP PBM-3C Nickel Boat and PBM-5 SAR Norfolk-dscn1800.jpg  
Old 01-06-2014, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Beautiful job Papermate...
Old 01-06-2014, 08:33 PM

Thank you gomidefilho. And Jeff, I'm not using the revised parts as you have sent me
because I have printed and laminated the first copy long ago, sorry about that. Yet, I
believe that your revised work will improve the build as well as the look greatly.
Now back to working on the build...........

Papermate
Old 01-07-2014, 11:44 AM

Papermate,
Well done so far! The fuselage looks great, and the turret idea of your is very cool, that is something I might have to add in as well. Following your builds has been a big help for me.
No worries by the way, I understand where you are coming from on that, I would not expect someone to reprint, for minor changes.. That would be a waste of cardstock and expensive ink! The revisions really are mostly for improved looks, the only thing that could be important is the new vertical fins, since I fixed the shape, moved the mounting place for the horz. tails, and added length, since they were kind of short. Oh and is the tail stripe vertical as it should be? hard to tell from the pics so far.
Build on my friend!
Jeff
Google Adsense
Old 01-07-2014, 09:00 PM

Hi Jeff, please find out for yourself whether the tail stripe is vertical or not from this
side view photo. Personally, I think it is vertical on the fuselage section itself but a little
bit not quite when the fuselage is viewed as a whole. Anyway, it's still acceptable, isn't it?

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
OBP PBM-3C Nickel Boat and PBM-5 SAR Norfolk-dscn1801.jpg  
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Hi PaperMate,
Thanks for sharing the pic. It does show me what I wanted to know. The stripe does look a little off from some angles, but is not so bad as to warrant redoing.
The fuse really does look good! I am looking forward to seeing more of your progress.
I used your idea for the forward hatch, and made it one piece, so now you only have to cut out the forward area instead of the whole thing. Also you can score it and let it be open as well. I am thinking of making shallow boxes for that area, and maybe the waist hatch area as well so as to be able to pose them open as seen in some pics.
Jeff
Old 01-07-2014, 09:33 PM

That's really great. I'll promise to re-concentrate in finishing the Norfolk as I'm a little
side-tracked to do a skeletal plane at the same time. Right, can't do both things at the
same time equally well.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
OBP PBM-3C Nickel Boat and PBM-5 SAR Norfolk-dscn1803.jpg  
Old 01-07-2014, 09:40 PM

No Worries,
I am the same way, I have so many projects going, is crazy. I love those little models! I have all that he has out so far. I colored the FW-190 in PS, and made it so that the parts are colored on both sides, and added a little more details.
Jeff
Old 01-07-2014, 11:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
very impresive

YOAV
Google Adsense