PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-21-2014, 03:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 103.90 MB
On my third (or maybe fourth) attempt, I managed to build Bruno's Avro Vulcan well enough to not be embarrassed to show the result. I tried to use some very good 24# bond paper, which I thought would be close to the 80 gsm paper that Bruno suggests, but I really did not get along well with the lighter paper. I kept crushing parts in the process of trying to assemble them. Finally I gave up on that and switched to Wausau 67# Bristol, which sounds like it should have been way too heavy, but worked out better for me. I still have the white version, but I think this model was enough trouble, and I like the camo better anyhow.

P.S. My "assistant's" paws in the background are a hint as to one reason this model took a ridiculously long time to complete.
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-gedc0292.jpg   Bruno's Planes-gedc0293.jpg   Bruno's Planes-gedc0294.jpg  
Old 06-22-2014, 04:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Strange the last post by Amccombs3 today doesn't show here, why?

Papermate
Old 06-22-2014, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Now, it's shown after I posted Post #192.
That's an amazing Vulcan.

Papermate
Old 06-22-2014, 04:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Yes, I noticed it too before going to bed yesterday. Clicking on Amccombs3's name and clicking the statistics link to show all comments from him would display the first few words of his comment but the next step (following the link to the thread) would only lead to a missing comment.

Well, it's displaying now and I have to say it's a nice Vulcan! Congrats Amccombs3!
Old 06-22-2014, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Very well done, indeed.
Congratulations

Bruno
Google Adsense
Old 06-22-2014, 09:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amccombs3 View Post
On my third (or maybe fourth) attempt, I managed to build Bruno's Avro Vulcan well enough to not be embarrassed to show the result. I tried to use some very good 24# bond paper, which I thought would be close to the 80 gsm paper that Bruno suggests, but I really did not get along well with the lighter paper. I kept crushing parts in the process of trying to assemble them. Finally I gave up on that and switched to Wausau 67# Bristol, which sounds like it should have been way too heavy, but worked out better for me. I still have the white version, but I think this model was enough trouble, and I like the camo better anyhow.

P.S. My "assistant's" paws in the background are a hint as to one reason this model took a ridiculously long time to complete.
Your build turned out extremely well. Congratulations.

I've always had the same experience with regular paper or light cardstock - I tend to squash parts while making them. 32lb is the lightest I go and even that's troublesome. Generally I use 67 or 110 lb for everything.

Great work! Persistence always pays off. Congratulations again.

Steve
Old 06-23-2014, 07:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
Jets and more jets!

I have been on a Bruno build kick for a few weeks and thought I would share some with everyone. The builds are all done at 200 scale. Just can't work at 300. I use 28# paper which seems to be a nice compromise between the light stuff and the 32#, at least at this scale. Also if anyone sees and obvious build issue, let me know. I have been known to put wings on upside down with Bruno's models!

My first is a re pair of the VF-2 Bounty Hunter Tomcat. I will probably redo this one just to do a better job on the canopy. I also had some photo shop fun with the image.
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-tomcat-sky-.jpg   Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-11-20-.jpg   Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-12-20-.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 07:42 AM

More Jets!

Next is the Mig-25 Foxbat. I really have come to like these Soviet jets. They are BIG and look nasty. Building a bunch of models in the same scale really brings home the differences in size. Anyway this one has a bit of a canopy issue also. I really need to get a handle on that!
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-9-20-.jpg   Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-10-20-.jpg   Bruno's Planes-foxbat-sky.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 07:46 AM

Baby Migs

The MIG-15 is so cute! This is the fighter I have built so far that is not too bad in 300 scale. These are 200 scale though. Sit this next to the Foxbat and you will be amazed at the size difference. Easy build.
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-1-20-.jpg   Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-2-20-.jpg   Bruno's Planes-bruno-builds-3-20-.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 08:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Nice models, Lonnie.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Google Adsense