PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 07-14-2014, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Welcome back, Johnny. We were missing you
Old 07-17-2014, 06:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Bruno's Sea Dragon and more here http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/a...tml#post435295 and here http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/a...tml#post435296. The engines and nacelles are the hardest part for assembly. Lots of reference need be made for the correction position for installation. Very intriguing design and very well done.

Papermate
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-dscn2796.jpg   Bruno's Planes-dscn2778.jpg   Bruno's Planes-dscn2788.jpg  
Old 07-25-2014, 04:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
XB-70A crash

Hi to all, I hope this is the right thread to show my last build.
I just read this book on "ill fated" story of the XB-70, that ended with the stupid, useless, strange, incredible incident during a display flight for advertising.

I found in the Bruno's collection both the aircrafts involved and I started from the NASA F-104G. This is at 100 series so i had to shrink it at 300, to match with the white bomber: it was a bit challenging but at the end I'm enough satisfied.

The model is perfect but it lacks the external tanks on the tips of the wings. I'll try then to reproduce them.
For the XB-70 i separated and folded the external portion of the wing.

Unfortunately the model reproduce the prototype #1, when it was the #2 involved in the crash. I'd have to change the serial number on the rudders and, at less, i'd had to add the inferior radome on the nose. I preferred to sacrify some accuracy and see both models completed as soon as possible, and the final result satisfies me.

Some historical reference.

Thanks Bruno for all these models you gave us.

Best, Nando
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-download.jpg  
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Old 07-25-2014, 07:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
B-47 Question

I am putting together Bruno's B-47 and am having an issue with the engines and their pylons. I can't quite figure them out. I have looked at teh images Bruno posted with the model and no joy. if anyone has a clue how the engines attach to the pylons and then to the wing I would appreciate it.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrjanzen View Post
I am putting together Bruno's B-47 and am having an issue with the engines and their pylons. I can't quite figure them out. I have looked at teh images Bruno posted with the model and no joy. if anyone has a clue how the engines attach to the pylons and then to the wing I would appreciate it.
Hi Lonnie,
sorry for not reacting to this post before.
The engines of the B-47 are of a simple contruction. all engines are just simpe tubes that are attached directly to the pylons by squeezing them against them. At least the double engines are...
well I think a small drawing will explain it better.

Bruno
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-p1140013.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2014, 01:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 124.56 MB
Thanks Bruno. No worries. I put the 47 aside and was working on the X-1 and Mother ship. I was making way more complicated. I kept trying to roll the pylons around the engines. Should have followed the K.I.S.S .principle.
Old 08-13-2014, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Hello Everyone,

I posted this on the giant "One plane a non working day" thread as well. Here is my rendition of Bruno's SE5a in the Colors of Billy Bishop. I have always been a fan of the SE5a. It doesn't get the publicity of the Camel but was the mount of many British Aces during the war. Stable and fast it was easier to fly than the Camel and from some sources I read, easier to maintain.

I scaled it up to 1/87 scale to match my S&P P-47D. It was a typical S&P build with everying going together relatively easily. This was my first WW1 build in paper so I was a bit nervous getting things correct. Made some mistakes and learned from it. I did not attempt rigging this little one. Maybe after a few under my belt. As always Comments and critiques welcome.

Darren
Attached Thumbnails
Bruno's Planes-se5-2.jpg   Bruno's Planes-se5-3.jpg   Bruno's Planes-se5-4.jpg   Bruno's Planes-se5-5.jpg   Bruno's Planes-se5-6.jpg  

Old 08-13-2014, 04:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 942.12 MB
XB-70 crash #2

A little update.
I completed my parade. Ok there is an extraneous: the Hustler, but I couldn't resist to build a frequent fellow of the B-70.
Ok, there isn't the T-38. I tried to reduce the Alfonso's one, but it's not possible to build it, because it is conceived for a bigger scale, at least for my skill. It is also too far out of my ability, correct the original F-5.
I enjoyed to reconstruct this historical and dramatic moment and I'd like to thank Bruno for all he gave to us. I particularly appreciated the Phantom design: at so little scale is astonishing how Bruno managed a so complex shape.

Best, Nando

+
Fat Man & Little Boy available here
Old 08-13-2014, 04:33 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Great job Nando! Thanks for taking the time to share several great builds in such a tiny, to me anyway, scale.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nando View Post
Hi to all, I hope this is the right thread to show my last build.
I just read this book on "ill fated" story of the XB-70, that ended with the stupid, useless, strange, incredible incident during a display flight for advertising.

I found in the Bruno's collection both the aircrafts involved and I started from the NASA F-104G. This is at 100 series so i had to shrink it at 300, to match with the white bomber: it was a bit challenging but at the end I'm enough satisfied.

The model is perfect but it lacks the external tanks on the tips of the wings. I'll try then to reproduce them.
For the XB-70 i separated and folded the external portion of the wing.

Unfortunately the model reproduce the prototype #1, when it was the #2 involved in the crash. I'd have to change the serial number on the rudders and, at less, i'd had to add the inferior radome on the nose. I preferred to sacrify some accuracy and see both models completed as soon as possible, and the final result satisfies me.

Some historical reference.

Thanks Bruno for all these models you gave us.

Best, Nando
just got hobby models version of the valkyrie at 1;72 scale.looks like a challenge
Google Adsense