PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-27-2014, 12:45 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
1/100 Fokker D.VIII (S&P)

Here we have a Fokker D.VIII in 1/100 scale designed by Bruno Vanhecke of Scissors and Planes. I personalized it with a Photoshop recolor, but left the original S&P livery as that of German Ace Theo Ostercamp. This one comes with a 3D engine, which was a nice surprise. The breakdown of the parts, and their assembly is typical S&P, and as usual, the fit of the pieces was excellent. I had to make a filet for the vision cutout in the wing. An internal glue strip was used to join the two main fuselage sections, but the joint didn't come out as smooth as I hoped. I'm going to try butt gluing my next S&P fuselage - the parts are small enough that I think I can do it successfully. The only rigging I tackled was the crossbracing between the axle and fuselage. I used light weight monofilament colored with a silver Sharpie, but it looks too heavy, I think. The base is a shrunk down Fiddlers Green flying stand. I textured it with sky and clouds, and added an oval photograph of Leutnant Ostercamp. Text on the underside of the base contains the type of aircraft, the pilot's name, the scale, the modeler, and the date. This is my third S&P WWI bird - great little models. Try one and see.
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 Fokker D.VIII (S&P)-fokkerdviiia_zpsfdd0bff5.jpg   1/100 Fokker D.VIII (S&P)-fokkerdviiib_zpse1e0b5c5.jpg   1/100 Fokker D.VIII (S&P)-fokkerdviiic_zps522e51b7.jpg   1/100 Fokker D.VIII (S&P)-fokkerdviiid_zps87994da5.jpg   1/100 Fokker D.VIII (S&P)-fokkerdviiie_zps8740d785.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2014, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a splendid model and a beautiful display, Don.

I hope you will be able to bring it to Paper Modelers at Army Heritage Days on 17-18 May. I'll be posting the announcement soon.

Don (too)
Old 02-27-2014, 12:50 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Nice little job you've gotten done there Don!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Awesome Build, Very clean and nice details. Bruno does a nice job on these little birds. - Darren
Old 02-27-2014, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
i take my hat before builders that build such a little model and good looking model. respect.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 02-27-2014, 01:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOAVHOZMI View Post
i take my hat before builders that build such a little model and good looking model. respect.

YOAV
I totaly agree with that.

amazing that in the hands of a great builder like Rockpaperscissors this model comes out even better than I designed it.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
Wow! This is some reception. Thank you all for your positive comments. Bruno, you're making me blush. Yoav, it is pretty small. The wingspan comes in at a little over 3.25 inches (about 80mm). Don, I'm retired now, so making it to Army Heritage Day might be doable this year. I have to admit I'm intimidated by the displays that the participants set up to show off their models. Obviously, a lot of thought goes into them.

I just printed out my next 1/100 WWI bird from S&P - Raymond Collishaw's Sopwith Triplane. Will start on it soon.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
I totaly agree with that.

amazing that in the hands of a great builder like Rockpaperscissors this model comes out even better than I designed it.
so respect to you for the beautiful desighning.

YOAV
Old 02-27-2014, 02:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great news that you might join us, Don.

" have to admit I'm intimidated by the displays that the participants set up to show off their models." -- Ho ho. Is joke! You're talking to the guy who built the Horrible Hampton and is in great awe of your models. Admittedly, the other guys DO display formidable models, but yours are absolutely top-notch and would look great in Ridgway Hall.

Don
Old 02-27-2014, 03:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 8.70 MB
Hello Rockpaperscissors - What weight of paper are you using? - Darren
Google Adsense