PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-01-2018, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Thanks, Vinalssergio, Rata, Yoav, PacificWind, Ray and Bruno. Bruno the invasion stripes were ordered removed from upper surfaces of planes in late August early September 44. These stripes were covered up with whatever paint was available. I actually repainted the plane in 3 versions, before June 6th with no stripes, after D-Day with full stripes and this version with stripes painted out.

Brent
Well my lil' frenn I will be the judge of that! I am ofish-i-alley designate by the Innernational House of Pancakes,,, er I mean Innernashunalley Pizz & Moan Society (IPMS) to be an uff-fish-allll RIBBET KOUNTER! As soon as we here at IPMS Central (right next to the ladies room) receive our evaluation copy of yer "products" we will respond.

By the way. We have decided to create a special Kitty-A-Gory for out next Intl. Pizz & Moan Soc. convention to allow displays of "Toilet Paper". Any of y'all interrsted c'mon by!!
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-01-2018, 03:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 197.92 MB
Two Points

1. Where is this mysterious "Bald Eagle" to be located. I know it is an endangered species but not even the interwebs can find it!!

2. Also REALLY!!! No One has requested Brent to be a friend? Sheeesh! In one of my previous lives this was called : "Head up and locked!". BTW I have rectified Brent's lack of frennns (if he'll have me)
Live, Laff, Love...
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.45 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS View Post
Two Points

1. Where is this mysterious "Bald Eagle" to be located. I know it is an endangered species but not even the interwebs can find it!!

2. Also REALLY!!! No One has requested Brent to be a friend? Sheeesh! In one of my previous lives this was called : "Head up and locked!". BTW I have rectified Brent's lack of frennns (if he'll have me)
Hi Michael, great pictures in your other thread from your time in Vietnam. It would be great to have a papermodel of your "Loach".

1. The "Bald Eagle" will be eventually relocated in the United States. It has some crooked tail feathers to be worked on.

2. Friends??? I don't even know where to look for your friend request.....That could be why I have none

Brent
Old 06-01-2018, 04:48 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Brent,
I just sent a friend request to you. It should show up in your private message area.
You then have to click my avatar, which should show up on the lower left, and click save changes. If I remember correctly.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 06-01-2018, 05:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
If there was a 'can I be your admirer in awe' request I would have sent it after your first re-paint.
Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 PM

Here is the Bald Eagle in flight with the painted out invasion stripes.

Brent
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 scale is the new black-bald-eagle-374th_fs_361st_fg.jpg  
Old 06-02-2018, 04:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Thanks, Vinalssergio, Rata, Yoav, PacificWind, Ray and Bruno. Bruno the invasion stripes were ordered removed from upper surfaces of planes in late August early September 44. These stripes were covered up with whatever paint was available. I actually repainted the plane in 3 versions, before June 6th with no stripes, after D-Day with full stripes and this version with stripes painted out.

Brent
That makes absolute sense.
thanks for enlightening me.
B
Old 06-02-2018, 04:07 AM

I've seen plenty of examples of overpainted invasion stripes not only on P-51's but also P-47's and B-26's as well. Probably only really noticeable on natural metal types.
Old 06-05-2018, 07:04 PM

Next up, Bruno's P-51B repainted as Medal of Honor winner James Howard's Ding Hao! I think I have everything lined up now, I did manage to put the canopy on crooked and need to fix a few things on the repaint. I have the following P-51B/C's ready for test builds Shangri la, Lucky Leaky II, Salem Representative and an Aussie 3 squadron (Italy).

Thanks for looking,
Brent
Attached Thumbnails
1/100 scale is the new black-dinghao4.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-ding-hao.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-ding-hao1.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-ding-hao2.jpg   1/100 scale is the new black-ding-hao3.jpg  

Old 06-05-2018, 08:09 PM

Quote:
.... and an Aussie 3 squadron (Italy).
Will be forwarding injury compensation claim 'cos you just made me fall off my chair.