PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Disposing of Card Model Aircraft

The time has come to slim down. I have over three hundred reasonably assembled models. Many appear on the Ecardmodels web site. Everything from early flyers to rockets. Many WW1 and WW2 fighters and bombers. I wish these to go to a person or organization that appreciates them. They are not toys. Some are very large, such as an FG six engine ME Gigant transport with four foot wingspan. Please let me know if you are interested in any of them. I have attached some examples. You pay shipping unless you can prove that the models will go to a nonprofit or charitable organization.
Attached Thumbnails
Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-image.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 08-02-2014, 03:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
any of mine?

I see only one example.

you anywhere near Virginia?...maybe you could drop off models at the IPMC?
Old 08-02-2014, 07:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
When I was in Sacramento, California a few years ago the military museum had several cardstock models on display. If you wanted them to go to a museum that would be the first place I'd offer them.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacedoc View Post
The time has come to slim down. I have over three hundred reasonably assembled models. Many appear on the Ecardmodels web site. Everything from early flyers to rockets. Many WW1 and WW2 fighters and bombers. I wish these to go to a person or organization that appreciates them. They are not toys. Some are very large, such as an FG six engine ME Gigant transport with four foot wingspan. Please let me know if you are interested in any of them. I have attached some examples. You pay shipping unless you can prove that the models will go to a nonprofit or charitable organization.
Ahoy Spacedoc

I will take them

Boats
Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.83 MB
If you give us a list, I will contact the San Diego aerospace Museum and see if they are interested. They might very well be if it is a whole collection. I have been there many times and they have quite a few models in plastics. It might peak their interest to have some quality paper models. Please include pictures.

"Oh wisdom thou are fled to brutish beasts and men have lost their reason" (Bill Shakespear)
Google Adsense
Old 08-03-2014, 02:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.98 GB
I would be interested for the models to go to the Air Force Museum here at Warner Robins, GA (Robins AFB). They recently had to give up some of their collection of real size aircraft due to budget cuts to maintain them a small paper model collection would work out for them.

IBQuestor
Old 08-03-2014, 06:37 AM

Location, location, location

I live in Colorado Springs. IPMC has been suggested by several people, but it is beyond the pale. I went to Va Tech, but I got out of the DC area as fast as I could! Any of you can see dozens on the Ecardmodels website. Most of the photos in Oddball offerings are my models. An AF museum is a good idea. I did not think of that. There is one at Peterson AFB. I served in the AF for thirty years! It is fine to say that they will go to a worthy institution that will care for them, but you have to prove it somehow. I have already approached some, and they are either not interested or would just give them to kids. One exception is the TU 95 (photo attached). It is available on Ecardmodels. About 25 sheets of parts. I built it 60% of the full size kit! and the span is still over three feet. Full size must be over five feet. Much later, I built it at 45%, and it is still really big. I will give the very big one to someone deserving if I can figure out how to ship it. I know that UPS will pack anything safely, but it is likely to cost fifty bucks or more for something so fragile and outsized. One photo should show both. I punted on landing gear and interior detail.

Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-image.jpg
Old 08-03-2014, 10:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Question My two cents worth of opinion

Shipping such a large collection ( I think you said a few hundreds in various stages of build ) even across town will probably cost thousands of dollars. Museums are not always interested in collections and if they take them, they end up in storage forever.

A friend of mine who builds plastic models lends them out / donates them to airports FBOs , model shops and small museums.

In my case, I gave away many built models at my local IPMS club as well as yard sales.
Time to thin the herd

You can try to donate them to schools as well.

Isaac
Old 08-09-2014, 05:08 PM

Examples

Air Dave, I am sure some of yours are in my collection, but I have no idea which ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-pc041788.jpg   Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-p8310532.jpg   Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-p9040552.jpg   Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-p9060575.jpg   Disposing of Card Model Aircraft-p9210586.jpg  

Old 08-09-2014, 05:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Hmmm, my girlfriend's daughter-in-law is in Colorado Springs tonight for a class reunion. Hmmm
Google Adsense