PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Where bad model go to die

I have box now of parts of bad model that I have not finish.

Fiddlers Green Pfalz is one bad model. It is not my lack of skill. It is just bad. Very bad. If you look at "spinner" in photo for around the propeller, you will see that when you make the part the cut outs for the propeller are not opposite each other at all! The part it is not even round! I can never get the pipes of the body to fit. One pipe is always bigger than pipe it is to fit inside. So I keep making body and pipe section over and over. I quite this far. There is no way to fix lower wing also it just sticks on a big grey area that say "WING" but is not the shape or contour of the wing. I had start to build up a covering over the motor, which it was the wrong shape and size to start with. I have spare nose section I can cut to make this piece, but I gave up.

Now I have also Fokker and Nieuport grave yard. I print Fokker on 67 # paper that was too soft. So that was my fault. It is also older model version. The Nieuport it is also the old model with bad seam on the top and bright cartoon color. I might finish the Nieuport yet. But the new version is very nice.
Google Adsense