PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
OK, so here's how I went about creating the card (as some of you have asked for more information):

I knew I wanted to make a popup with an F-16 in it, but the mechanism changed, as did the overall direction of the card.

I found an old pre-digital 3-view and 6-view drawing of the F-16. Using this as a basis, I started to think about how to make it as close to 3D as possible and still get it to lay flat. I noticed the upper fuselage had a "pinched" look to it; which would make it easier to fold. I then worked out how to take the intake relatively round, but still fold flat.

I have three books in my library : Paper Engineering for pop-up books and cards by Mark Hiner; Cards that pop up, flip & slide by Michael Jacobs; and Paper Engineering & Pop-ups for Dummies by Rob Ives. Plus whatever I could find on the net.

All art was drawn and colored in Illustrator.

Sorry this is so short, but I wanted to post something before I ran out the door. Let me know what more you would like to know.

Last edited by ARMORMAN; 03-10-2018 at 09:53 AM.