Old 03-01-2016, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.95 MB
very nice and accurate work
can not wait for the final......
Old 03-01-2016, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
Interesting build but I cannot understand the random wires, it seems to be counter intuitive to put something in that does not belong there.
Maybe it wasn't there...maybe it was. Without documentation, we'll never know. Meanwhile, if the intent is just to make it look "busy", it isn't important.

I like the addition.

Jim
Old 03-02-2016, 02:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Raja, interesting project! As far as I can judge the cockpit details very much resemble the Orlik Hawker Hurricane MkII kit, still lying on my stack. You're off to a good start so keep it up!

Cheers,
Erik
Old 03-02-2016, 07:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Great work on the cockpit Raja. This will be a great model.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 03-02-2016, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.32 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVA View Post
Maybe it wasn't there...maybe it was. Without documentation, we'll never know.
Do a Google image search using "hawker hurricane cockpit" Lots of photos. So many photos that modelers paralysis could set in. This area is not going to be very visible in the completed model. The "random" wires give a reasonable impression of the real workings. Of course, one could spend hours - days - weeks - making something that will later be covered. I've done it and I'd guess so have most model builders at one time or another!

Last edited by Lighter; 03-02-2016 at 08:32 AM. Reason: didn't read well
Google Adsense
Old 03-03-2016, 09:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 342.84 MB
Thanks for the kind words gentlemen!

About the wires, from all the picture i've seen of hurricane, the cockpit is full of wires and pipes and other greeblies. I won't go all out on this one and just want to pursue the 'busy' look because the original cockpit part is rather plain and unrealistic, if i were to pursue higher detail i would have swap the cockpit floor altogether

So here is the completed cockpit, i replaced the control column with a length of wire, you see i also added additional struts to the truss that converge under the seat which would support small panel near the pilot's knee

1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p2282773.jpg1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p2282774.jpg

1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p2282777.jpg1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p2292780.jpg

1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p2292781.jpg

And here is the mid fuse skin, i separated the cockpit door on the right side to give better view inside the cockpit

1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p2292785.jpg1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p3012786.jpg1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p3012787.jpg1/33 Hawker Hurricane IIC Nightfighter-p3012788.jpg
Old 03-03-2016, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
The concerns about adding non-existant detail to a model build, to an extent depends on your goals. To me this is an art, not a precise rendering of an object. I want to convay a feeling, an idea of what the real subject is like, accuracy is good, but artistic licence, reasonably use, is just fine.

This model is looking very good, just keep doing what your doing and it will look excllent when finished.

Keep up the good work,
Swampfox
Old 03-03-2016, 09:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That cockpit looks great to me.

I am sure that I have heard a verb that describes the art of building convincing, if not entirely accurate, detail in models, in addition to the noun "greeblies," for the artifacts used for such a purpose.

Don
Old 03-03-2016, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I am sorry if what I said was taken as a criticism, it just seemed to be more work that needed, there is already so much detail in the models I see in these pages. I remain amazed at the results achieved by all of the modelers here.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.59 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
That cockpit looks great to me.

I am sure that I have heard a verb that describes the art of building convincing, if not entirely accurate, detail in models, in addition to the noun "greeblies," for the artifacts used for such a purpose.

Don
I think the late great Shep Paine used the phrase "creative gizmology"....
Google Adsense

Tags
structure, squadron, hurricane, be500, kit, 1/33, hawker, truss, raf, nightfighter, cockpit, instrument, perforated, panel, mid, fuse, formers, plastic, hiding, paint, all-black, seams, fits, joints, mechanical