PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-16-2016, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Smile Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33

Ahoy
While my liberty ship is getting finished here is another build I will be starting this is the Maty Modelarz 1/33 scale Handley Page Hampden bomber. looks like it will be a fun enjoyable build so I will get started on this as of now below are the pictures of the kit before it gets attacked.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0595.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0596.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0597.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0598.jpg  
Old 03-16-2016, 02:59 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
"THE HAMPDEN!"

Boats, you gotta get Don's input!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
"THE HAMPDEN!"

Boats, you gotta get Don's input!
Ahoy Ray
Sounds like a plan

Boats
Old 03-16-2016, 05:38 PM

Fuslage Contruction

Ahoy Fellows
Okay guys I just got started on this enough for today more tomorrow, So far there was a fit problem with the nose canopy the formers were oversized it made the skins to small so I had sand down the formers so that they will fit. finally got them the way I wanted so I am happy. This must be a hand drawn kit from way back. The color schedule on the kit is not my favorite I was hoping it would be black on the bottom and Dark earth and green on top but I guess it a early paint schedule they used in 1940 or earlier. all of the fuselage skins were cut out from the sheet pre rolled along with the rest of the formers. I am going to let this assembly dry over night tomorrow I will do some burnishing I will have to pre check the rest of the formers and skins before I glue anything down so far fellas this is the only trouble I ran in to.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0599.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0600.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0601.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0602.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0603.jpg  

Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0604.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0605.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0606.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0607.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0608.jpg  

Old 03-16-2016, 05:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
The nose looks great Boats, nice work on the formers. She's a big bird!

Keep up the great work.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2016, 11:10 AM

Fuselage Construction

Ahoy Gents
Thanks Gary for the reply buddy. Okay guys here is another update on my Tadpole. The fuselage assembly is almost all buttoned up letting the unit dry and start the burnishing. Man this kit is rougher then a cobb the formers are in and out of wack to make them fit correctly you have to make new formers using the kits formers as templates the skins are okay just the formers that giving me the trouble but no sweat gives me something to do. Next step for the final fuselage assembly is the under belly gunners compartment and the canopy and the fuselage assembly will be completed. anyone who has this kit beware the formers are not correct some fit and some don't so you got to use the kits formers for templates to go by. Here below are the pictures for the day more tomorrow.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0609.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0610.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0611.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0612.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0613.jpg  

Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0614.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0615.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0616.jpg  
Old 03-17-2016, 11:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
You are doing your usual grand job on this flying suitcase, Boats.

I put one together several years ago, as Ray mentioned, and it was a real challenge. OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Handley Page Hampden

I am going to watch your method closely and perhaps I will try again one day after I have learned from you (I have another copy of the kit in my stash).

Don
Old 03-17-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
You are doing your usual grand job on this flying suitcase, Boats.

I put one together several years ago, as Ray mentioned, and it was a real challenge. OTDAEABT Contest - Maly Modelarz Handley Page Hampden

I am going to watch your method closely and perhaps I will try again one day after I have learned from you (I have another copy of the kit in my stash).

Don
Ahoy Don
Thanks buddy for the comment I reviewed your build you ran into the same problems I did. with these old kits you have to toy with them to make them work its all in a days work with card models. you done A Superb job your thread will make a great instructional aid to building this kit. I am having fun though thanks Don. Oh I enjoyed your you tube on the card model convention I saw your Tadpole looking Beautiful. you the Man Don.

Boats
Old 03-18-2016, 09:53 AM

Fuselage assembly done

Okay here is another update the fuselage construction has been completed next in view will be the horizontal and vertical stabilizers they are being constructed once done the entire fuselage unit will be concluded. The wings will follow next. so far no more trouble has arised during the final fuselage construction . Tip anyone who has this kit in their stash take note that the fuselage formers are not correct in some areas. Some are oversized the oversized ones will have to be duplicated using the original former the undersized ones will need to be re made using the kits formers as templates. A lot of dry fitting here and there to assure smooth assembly/ In view of the kit it is pretty elementary and it will not take long to build only part is that the kit is not trouble free I amagin it is hand drawn so beware of fit issues. Okay enough jabber here are the update pictures more will follow as the day goes on.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0617.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0618.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0619.jpg  
Old 03-18-2016, 03:39 PM

Fuselage and stabilizers finished

Okay this is the last update for today I save some more work tomorrow. The entire fuselage plus the stabilizers and rudders have been completed I am letting this unit dry over night and do some burnishing when everything has dried. Looks to be a fast build no matter how hard I slow down no problems with the construction of the stabilizers and rudder assemblies.

Boats
Attached Thumbnails
Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0621.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0622.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0623.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0624.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0625.jpg  

Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0626.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0627.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0628.jpg   Maty Modelarz Hampden Bomber 1/33-sam_0629.jpg  

Tags
build, hampden, maty, modelarz, 1/33, bomber