PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-18-2016, 11:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 21.23 MB
¡Congratulations! Great job! looks great in any view! My favorite thing : The nice cockpit
Old 06-19-2016, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
Thank you all for the nice comments. It feels good to complete something after such a long drought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Your dragon avatar grabs my attention. Is that a paper model?
That was my very first drawing of a damraska, a kind of dragon I created for a game I wrote many years ago. Some day I intend to model one or more damraska but I need to learn a lot of things between here and there. That day may be drawing relatively near. I am taking a break from Blender tutorials to write this.

One of the things that struck me when I began seriously reconsidered a return to card model building was the lack of personally desirable subjects. On the one hand, an immense array of card models now exist but for one reason or another, very few meet my personal needs. For example, I intend to build a diorama base for the Swiss Bf 109 but I could not find any suitable diorama type accessories with an acceptable level of detail for 1:33 scale. That means I either scratch build, kit bash, or design exactly what I want. After some consideration I will give design another try.
Old 06-19-2016, 01:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 66.13 MB
I like the clean work, good assembly, congrats
Old 06-19-2016, 06:14 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
That is some beautiful, clean work right there. Great job!
Old 06-19-2016, 08:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 23.50 MB
I greatly admired your models, always.
Several years ago you had a site that I've held for a long time in bookmarks. Then it disappeared.
But somewhere I have preserved photos of those models. At that time I had never built a paper model.
Thanks for helping, with your job, to instill in me the desire to build paper models.

Orazio.
Google Adsense
Old 06-19-2016, 10:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Now I'm even more intrigued. If a Damaska is a dragon like creature, from a fantasy game, the ever reliable Google should throw some light (or even pictures) on it, but it doesn't! All the hits I'm getting seem to point back to you or your models. With no mention of the creature.

I'm only mildly interested in aircraft, but I love dragons of all ilks. Please tell me more, if only a better picture of it.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:14 PM

German Messerschmitt Bf 109 E3 flown by Werner Molders

Subject: German Messerschmitt Bf 109 E3 flown by Werner Molders
Scale: 1:33
Designer: Marek
Purchased from: Ecardmodels.com
Direct Link: 1/33 Messerschmitt Bf-109E-3 Werner Molders Paper Model

About two months after starting the Swiss Bf 109 above I began work on this model. For months both airplanes occupied the same project case with fuselages and wings lying one next to the other. The two models are identical save for the paint schemes and markings. Basically, I decided to practice by building the same model two or three times. After the first build I would know the pitfalls of the model and hopefully avoid them on subsequent projects. I put the finishing touches on this one last night and it will remain in storage until I can make a proper display base for it.

This model turned out better than the first but I ran into one difficulty. The clear plastic sheet I purchased for canopies, while excellent for vacuforming, is just too thick for use on a model like this because it will not bend and hold a shape easily without the application of heat.

Like the model above, this one features a pretty good cockpit.

My first two attempts at wheels for both models were really disappointing. After a few reprints I figured out a pretty reliable technique that only requires sandpaper and some two-part epoxy. No other special tools were used. I will try to capture the process when building a future project.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Now I'm even more intrigued. If a Damaska is a dragon like creature, from a fantasy game, the ever reliable Google should throw some light (or even pictures) on it, but it doesn't! All the hits I'm getting seem to point back to you or your models. With no mention of the creature.

I'm only mildly interested in aircraft, but I love dragons of all ilks. Please tell me more, if only a better picture of it.
Google will not turn up anything because the game in question was never published. I spent a lot of time with friends and associates writing, playtesting the material, and creating art assets but starting capital was a serious issue. Crowd funding did not exist back then. A small chance still exists that something will become of the game so I cannot go into further detail.

As for the dragons, there were many but the pictures remain safely locked away. If my efforts with Blender go well something may appear here but I cannot promise anything. I am sorry. I can only write that I really, really want to give the world some good dragons.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 33.47 MB
Beautiful build. Glad to see you back into things again. Miss seeing to at the Reno contest. Be sure to bring this one this year. - Todd
Old 06-20-2016, 03:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 25.92 MB
This is the third time I see the new Marek Emils. It looks that he enhanced the model.
I built one a few years ago and it was not of my total satisfaction. But with yours over here, I might give them a try.

Thank you for sharing!

Last edited by milenio3; 06-20-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Google Adsense