PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-06-2017, 04:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.83 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I purchased packs of laser printer paper of 160 g/m2 in A4 size. I purchased it at Tokyo Hands department store for those that are familiar with Japan.
I am not familiar with Tokyo department stores ... is there an equivalent paper available in American stores?

Thanks,

Gene K
Old 04-06-2017, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
I am not familiar with Tokyo department stores ... is there an equivalent paper available in American stores?

Thanks,

Gene K
I really don't know where to purchase it in the USA. In the past, I got some from Staples, but their paper quality is low and primarily used as dividers.

Maybe others can weigh in.

Also, the paper I have is A4 size which is suitable to this model without any modifications.

Isaac
Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM

Cool exhaust nozzle

Exhaust nozzle consist of an inner and outer barrel, rear frame with the afterburner ring rendered and 2 side shield for the 2D exhaust halves. In addition there is an assisting frame used to maintain a round shape when applying the super glue close to the lip.

the parts
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3112.jpg

Super glue applied
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3113.jpgSuper Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3114.jpg

combine the barrels
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3115.jpg

add the side shields
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3116.jpgSuper Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3118.jpg

when done, re insert the shaper frame to just keep it round. No glue at this point.
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3127.jpg

Technical note:
engine thrust can be controlled and optimized when the nozzle area is controlled at different afterburner condition. Most engines have multiple petals; the entire afterburner nozzle is able to open and close as required. The early french engines used on the Super Mystere and early Mirage 3 had a 2 piece nozzle halves that were simple, however, not efficient.

Isaac
Old 04-06-2017, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
I really don't know where to purchase [the paper Isaac is using] in the USA.
Thanks. Impressive modelling, as usual!

Gene K
Old 04-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Isaac, Always enjoy your stuff, though I don't have the time to say so very often. I have found that with my old iMac and hp920c when the JPEG is displayed I have to fit to page to get the whole sheet. Then I change that page to PDF. When I print that page The 1cm square at the upper left of the page is 0.9cm which is 1/33.33333. I think this will print on letter size paper. So far this has worked on each page, no difference using fit to page in my system.

I used to be able to get a high quality A4 paper imported from Japan to California called Deleter Comic Book Paper, used for drawing Manga stuff with ink. I'm not sure what the weight is, but it sure takes to my old hp920c very well. The printing is beautiful.

That old printer doesn't have the ability to print without margins, so sometimes with A4 or letter I tape ,using that thin painter's tape, another sheet to the back a few inches above the paper I'm printing on. That fools the printer as to where the top is, and it prints all the way to the end.

I now have a new 2916 Mac and new hp 7612 that has all that stuff, but the ink cartridges run out a lot faster. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Cheers, Bob
Google Adsense
Old 04-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
That's a 2016 Mac of course not 2916! Don't know what that would even mean, would anyone even have paper then? Or would we still be around! It's only 900 years.
Cheers , Bob
Old 04-06-2017, 10:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 425.39 MB
Not only a good start Isaac but a very clean and quick build so far!

Currently building: Colonial Viper from Uhu02
Finished:
Yoav Hozmis Kfir
Old 04-07-2017, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm View Post
I used to be able to get a high quality A4 paper imported from Japan to California called Deleter Comic Book Paper
Thanks, Bob. I ordered some from Amazon, where it's listed as 135kg (Similar (?) "Magna" paper is listed as 60lb).

Hope it prints as well as Isaac's ... unfortunately I know it won't build as well as Isaac's.

Gene K
Old 04-07-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
Thanks, Bob. I ordered some from Amazon, where it's listed as 135kg (Similar (?) "Magna" paper is listed as 60lb).

Hope it prints as well as Isaac's ... unfortunately I know it won't build as well as Isaac's.

Gene K
let us know if it is any good

Isaac
Old 04-07-2017, 08:26 AM

Cool Aft fuselage

At this point, I am going to the back.

The aft fuselage sections are simple and elegant
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3132.jpgSuper Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3134.jpg

once the two most aft sections are joined, add the internal frame. It shapes the fuselage and support the afterburner duct
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3135.jpgSuper Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3136.jpg

Now add the section forward joined at the star of David roundel.
fuzzy picture
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3137.jpg

Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3138.jpg

notice the cutout for the speed brakes. Those will be added before going any further forward ( otherwise, there will be no easy access ).
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3139.jpg

here is the AB duct
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3140.jpg

and installed in the rear
Super Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3141.jpgSuper Mystere-Yoav's version in 1/30 scale-img_3143.jpg

Isaac
Google Adsense