PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-18-2018, 03:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Sorry but I think you are making things much harder for yourself than you need to. The model is sold and was described as having instructions in a language other than English. Save your worrying for serious matters and put this behind you if you want any kind of peace.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 136.87 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephiebutler View Post
Hello. I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know if English translations for the instructions for these Peleng paper models are available? I finally sold the Sukhoi 27 but the buyer wants to return it because it does not have instructions in English. (I did state in the description that the instructions and information on the model were all in Russian but maybe he didn't read that).
Tell your customer to use a OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software. Then copy and paste on any on line Russian dictionary. It will not be perfect but he might be able to extract basic assembling directions.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
In my opinion written instructions in any language are useless.

If there are good graphics, sketches, photos and experience, then you can build models. So no English instructions should not be a reason to reject a model.

Anyhow, keep on building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isaac
Old 11-19-2018, 05:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.73 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post

If there are good graphics, sketches, photos and experience, then you can build models. So no English instructions should not be a reason to reject a model.

Isaac
I'll have to agree LOL.

I'm building the Digital Navy Oslyabya right now, and the printed directions are more confusing that clear. I literally have to read some sections several times to get the actual meaning of the writers sentences

The diagrams are great in that respect.
Old 11-19-2018, 06:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post

Isaac
I agree.I Last time I read instructions for paper model I was more puzzled than before reading.That was some 20+ years back.
Pictures+drawings are more useful for me.Digital renders are even better but nothing beats line of pictures from actual build like Yoav usually does.
Google Adsense
Old 11-24-2018, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 713.11 MB
You may be right. You also need to consider the long view.

The customer may have figured out the kit is too complex/ difficult for them & is hanging their hat on the "no English instructions" issue. No matter what you say, they want their money back.

I would be inclined too let the customer return the kit, they paying return shipping & give him his money back. This is based on the kit still being in a saleable condition. If it's been started or chopped up, they own it.

In the long run, I would not want to deal with negative feedback & its effect on my business.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Surely returning a sold item relies on there being a reason for such action,faulty, missing instructions etc. There are no such grounds as the instructions were described as not English language. If you give in to such action you may as well just give your stock away free, gratis. Is THAT what you want to be known for?