PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-27-2020, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thanks Ray I'm glad you like, but Brent made a wonderful work in textures as always.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:44 PM

Smile Resume of Schedule

Returning to normal programming, here are the advances of the Bleriot SPAD S510, only the fuselage is missing to be built.

In this model I made some modifications to the painting, adding some missing items like the identification and the production number on the tail and repainting the propellers in black.

The fuselage of the S510 has a series of air intakes that in the original model are plated in textures, I intend to bring them to life, but the expectation is only to start working on this project on Tuesday.

Stay here for now, advances, note that for wings not to warp I used an internal structure made of rigid cardboard.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:49 PM

Smile

First a happy 2021 for all friends and users of our beloved forum. I wish you all health, because this is the most precious asset in times of pandemic.

On the last day of 2020 I managed to finish the general construction of the S510, despite being a model of Bruno's third generation, its construction presents no problems.

Despite being a biplane aerodynamically speaking very clean I had some difficulties to align the struts and the central cabin, as they are a little higher in relation to plans in scale, but with a little patience it was possible to obtain good results.

Old 01-01-2021, 06:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice work on this SPAD!

Can you tell us more about the reason why and the methodology of leaving the wingtips un-cut out until after construction?

Don
Old 01-01-2021, 06:31 PM

Cool Blerio SPAD S.510 The First Scissors and Planes of 2021

And the first model of 2021 was finalized. My original intention was to finish it on December 31, 2020 but ended up having a little delay due to the description of the assembly I made in the previous post.

The S510 was the last French biplane to enter service on a large scale, contemporary with the Gladiator and CR 42, it was highly maneuverable but was eclipsed by the Dewoitine D372 and the D500 family, leaving little time in frontline service being in 1938 being allocated to auxiliary units of Armeé d'l'Air, which in 1940 was still equipped with that clean biplane when Germany started the invasion.

Model number 750 in the catalog is currently the only paper model on any scale of this interesting aircraft.

My construction has some add-ons such as the volumetrization of certain air intakes, engine exhaust and the root of the wings, all drawn from a second impression made with a magnification of 5% above the original scale.

The lower wing gondolas were made in scratchbuilding, otherwise the model was made following my traditional techniques, the wheels were laminated with cardboard and reinforced strips of cardboard were placed on the wings and tail elements.

I corrected some missing elements in the file, inserting the plane model's identification and its production number on the moving surface of the tail.

The propeller was also painted black, following my few references about the model itself.

The model represents the military serial S510 N218 with production number 40 from the No. 7 squadron based in Dijon-Longvic in September 1937.

Until the next.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Nice work on this SPAD!

Can you tell us more about the reason why and the methodology of leaving the wingtips un-cut out until after construction?

Don
Thank you Don!

The technique has two objectives: the first is that the white part is exactly the same size and each face of the wing and serves as a glue and cut guide, allowing precise cutting of the wing tip.
The second is an auxiliary to maintain the wing rope and its cross section, preventing eventual kinks in the wing.
Old 01-01-2021, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for the explanation. Good to know.

The final model looks very good!

Don
Old 01-01-2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Many thanks for the explanation. Good to know.

The final model looks very good!

Don
Thanks Don my friend! I'm glad to help.
Old 01-01-2021, 09:55 PM

2020 Scissors and Planes Build Retrospective

Well friends!

2020 was a very difficult year for everyone. I believe that there is no person today in the world who in one way or another has not been affected by Coronavirus. Despite so many deaths and suffering (I myself lost loved ones to the disease, thank God they were not my relatives, but I am still grieving) on ​​the other hand we modelers had the opportunity and time to isolate build a number of models we would not be able to do in other circumstances. So I present the work of a year that was developed on this topic in a synthetic way.

Old 01-02-2021, 04:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Brilliant.