PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-15-2021, 07:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile Breguet XIX Finish

Good friends, here we are showing our quintet of Breguets XIX. This esquisite bomber, reconnaissance and attack aircraft was designed immediately after World War I as a natural replacement for the Breguet XIV. Entering military service in France in 1923 and from the second half of the 1920s onwards in several different countries, being produced in large quantities in Spain and Yugoslavia under licence. Its mixed construction in canvas and aluminum, very advanced the period, plus the modular capacity to adapt a large number of in-line and radial engines made the Breguet XIX one of the most outstanding military aircraft of its time, becoming lighter, faster and with an incomparable autonomy. These important characteristics made this plane to be used over the next twenty years by many countries and in several conflicts such as the 1st Sino-Japanese conflict and the Chaco War. Its great autonomy was also appreciated by aerial adventurers who between the 20s and 30s used both production versions and specially designed for such purposes known as GR (Gran Raid) or TR also called Bidon or Super Bidon.

In the next posts I described each plane I build.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:32 PM

Smile

The first Breguet XIX to be shown is one of two specimens that Nakajima acquired in 1924 to be adopted by the Imperial Japanese Air Force or the Naval Aviation of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Faced with the denial of adopting licensed production. The two aircraft equipped with a Renault 12KD engine were purchased by a Japanese newspaper which promoted a flight from Tokyo to London with the two aircraft that were named Hatsukaze and Kochikaze with civil registrations J-KIRI and J-KIKU. The promotional and nationalist flight took place in the year 1925 called Abe-Kawachi (the pilots' name). The Breguet XIX representing the J-KIKU (Kochikaze) plane is the subject of my model...

Is Brent Repaint make by Karol request, nice and pleasent subject, perfect of any golden age collection.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:46 PM

Smile

The second Breguet XIX is a Latin American model, it is one of six or seven planes acquired by Bolivia between 1924 and 29 by public subscription of the National Defense Committee. The Bolivian specimens were of the A2 type (optimized for tactical attack and able to carry a large amount of bombs and ground attack equipment) equipped with a Lorraine-Dietrich 12ED engine. At least six copies were available to the Cuerpo de Pilotos y Departamento Militar (the former name of the Bolivian Air Force) at the time of the Chaco War in 1932. Despite being a very capable aircraft, it was little used by Bolivians in the Conflict. The "Potosi" flew a large raid across Bolivia in 1929 piloted by French pilots. I made a conversion to correctly represent the model powered by the Lorraine engine.

Apart from my little modification to change the engine this is a regular model from Bruno's catalog, being number #837. I plan to send an engine fix to Bruno.
Old 06-15-2021, 07:56 PM

Smile

Poland outside France was one of the biggest European users of the Breguet XIX, buying more than 250 units of both A2 and B2 types equipped with a Lorraine Dietrich 12E engine and using it in its Air Force from 1925 to 1937. When World War II broke out in 1939 The remaining Breguet XIX were serving in Polish Air Force training units with the majority destroyed on the ground, thus not engaging in combat against the German invaders. This example with this beautiful disruptive experimental camouflage belonged to an unknown PAF regiment in 1928. Model repainted by Brent, made by my request. I modified for correct representation of the Lorraine Engine.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:01 PM

Smile

Our number four Breguet XIX is a specimen produced under license by CASA equipped with a Hispano-Suiza 12 engine. Spain before its Civil War produced more than 150 specimens under license. 50 with a Hispano engine and the others with a Lorraine-Dietrich engine. The vast majority were used by the Republican side in the civil war of 1936. Many copies were used by the Nationalist side with another 20 units that were bought clandestinely from Poland. The Model represents a Breguet XIX B2 powered by a Hispano-Suiza engine on the Aviacion del Tercio in 1936/37. Model repainted by Brent by my request.

Old 06-15-2021, 08:17 PM

Smile

The last Breguet XIX that I show today is a plane manufactured in Yugoslavia under license. Apart from France, this country was the one that produced the most Breguets XIX, under license and by "reverse engineering" with new wings and North American motorization (P&W Wasp). This example built in the Kraljevo arsenal was used by the Royal Yugoslav Air Force during the 1941 invasion. The versions produced in Yugoslavia with radial engines were differentiated with suffixes, this being the Breguet 19-8. Model repainted by Brent by my request.

This project in the form of a marathon lasted a few weeks feeding my "biplane mood". In the future, other versions of Breguet 19 should appear, as well as other Latin operators and some even more "esoteric".

About the model I consider it a good school for those who want to venture into the art of building biplanes precisely because it does not have a central cabin, only two uprights between the wings and few flight cables.

I want to leave here a public thanks to Brent for kindly taking his free time to do these repaints I asked for. Thank you my friend!

I believe he will put them up for sale at Ecardmodels in the future.

The Breguets shown here are based on catalog numbers #826-831, #837-839 and #859-860 (radial engine versions)
Old 06-15-2021, 09:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very interesting.
I am overwhelmed by your models all interesting in one historical aspect or another.
The Yugoslavian version needed such extensive revision of the original model.
Thank you for sharing and to Brent for the recolors.
I guess the Polish started with pixelated camo (with the German lozenges) long time ago. Poland also used the direct competitor Potez-25.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Great builds and great repaints, nicely done, Sir's.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:03 AM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Wow... what a talent you have. The builds are clean and crisp! Very good quality and excellent work.
Old 06-16-2021, 05:08 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Great job Pericles!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!