Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-21-2022, 08:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.75 GB
Looks great!
Old 03-23-2022, 07:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thanks my friends!

Is a very nice project and beautiful plane, despite the sad war in Europe.
Old 03-23-2022, 07:44 PM

Smile

Well now let's illustrate the final part of the construction of the MiG-29. We prepared the cylinders that make up the landing gear legs and the doors of the wheel holds, which after drying were separated, consulting the scale plan and photographs of the real plane. Note my quilling tool that I use to wrap the wheels and landing gear cylinders, as well as the trainer to get them the right shape.

One thing I forgot to mention during the construction of the MiG-29, that as a precaution I inserted a small piece of lead in the nose to prevent the model from falling through the tail. With the landing gear built, we started to paint the white corners and other details, applied a coat of varnish and the model was finished.

Old 03-23-2022, 07:51 PM

Smile MiG-29 Finished

Reflecting on the War in Ukraine, that phrase from an unknown thinker (although attributed over time by many different authors), that: "The first casualty of a war is the truth." This is a fact! Combining modelism with history (and very alive), keep thinking how nice the story of the Ghost of Kiev is for us, an anonymous Ukrainian ace flying a Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-29S/MU against the powerful Russian Aerospace Force, and that in this brief and regrettable conflict would have shot down 6 Russian planes, including two ultramodern Sukhoi Su-30 and 35, multipurpose air superiority fighters. A nice, elegant and noble idea: a skilled pilot flying a relatively obsolete plane (manufactured in the mid-1980s in the then Soviet Union) in hand-to-hand dogfights against a greater number of opponents and more modern equipment. The first ace of the 21st century! However, all this is false, or rather: doubtful, there are indications that the "Ghost" is a war lie, a legend to motivate the morale of the Ukrainian people and troops, images broadcast in different media and even in some Specialized publications were from a flight simulator. Real or not the true fact is that the Ukrainian Air Force, equipped overwhelmingly with Soviet-era equipment and Soviet combat doctrine, is holding Russian military air power 5 times or more in numerical and technological terms. This type of "story" is not new, it reminds me of the defense of the Island of Malta in World War II, by the RAF and the FAA that during the critical phase of the siege of the small British island heavily bombed by the Luftwaffe and the Regia Aeronautica, between 1941 and 1942. With the air defense exhausted for practically a month, the defense of the island was in charge of a handful of Gloster Sea Gladiator fighter biplanes, for a long time the British propagated, even after the War that only three planes held the Germans and the Italians, these being Gloster Sea Gladiator nicknamed by the population as "Faith", "Hope" and "Charity". Like the the Ghost of Kiev, an elegant and sincere lie as a weapon of war.

Bruno's repaint of the MiG-29 is an "official product" repainted by himself with catalog number #4119, as I mentioned I was impressed with the camouflage details and their alignments. This model, unlike other repaints I've seen on of Bruno's MiG-29 model, these weeks, like the excellent Brent, Ronald and TigerTony100's, this is the only one that has the Ukrainian trident pixelated in the engines area, which turns it into a unique choice. I believe it will be available soon.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Looks great Péricles. Bruno and anyone else replicating this intricate scheme would certainly have had their work cut out for them. And I thought the Swedish splinter scheme was tricky!
Attached Thumbnails
My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-1114861.jpg  
Old 03-23-2022, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Looks great Péricles. Bruno and anyone else replicating this intricate scheme would certainly have had their work cut out for them. And I thought the Swedish splinter scheme was tricky!
Viggen is one of my targets, maybe this year.

Thanks my friend!
Old 04-02-2022, 12:47 PM

Well friends, after a while without posting, let's show you what we are currently working on to expand the S&P collection.

5 models are lined up to start, among them three repaints of mine and three biplanes from Bruno's original catalogue. My three models are an IJAAF Mitsubishi Ki-21, a Ukrainian Fokker DVII and a B-25 Mitchell conversion and repaint. The other models are an A5M4, a Arado 65 and a Hawker Fury at the end of its operational life.

Last edited by gomidefilho; 04-02-2022 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-02-2022, 12:59 PM

My dear friend Tigertony100 who is a skilled repainter, recently painted a wonderful MiG-29SMT in a special commemorative paint that celebrates the centenary anniversary of the Peruvian Air Force (which took place in 2014) and also honors Lieutenant José Quiñones, Peruvian national hero and martyr of the Peruvian Air Force in the border war between Peru and Ecuador in 1941. I built from a repaint and a deep conversion the NA-50 fighter (the plane that appears on the back of the MiG-29) on top of the model of the Bruno's T-6, please see from post 867 in this thread.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/718032-post867.html

Old 04-02-2022, 01:05 PM

Sally is a model that I have already built, this time a simple repaint of mine, one of the Imperial Japanese Army aircraft involved in the great battle of Khalkhin Gol (also known as "Incident" of Nomonhan) This model will have its subassemblies carried out and will remain in stock for now.

Old 04-02-2022, 01:13 PM

The first model of this series started is North American B-25B converted and repainted in the colors of one of the planes that took part in the famous Doolittle Raider (part of my contribution to the Midway project show here: Battle Of Midway models project) after all this audacious operation caused the great defeat of the Japanese Navy in this battle . Here we see the construction of the fuselage, what you can say is that the fuselage is quite difficult to build.