PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-24-2022, 07:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thank you my friends!

In these photos we see the final advances in the two models. I built some missing details such as the cannon barrels with painted cardboard, the antennas with broom bristle nylon wire, I painted all the white edges of the two models with PVA paint. Note that the MIG-15UTI tank is a more modern type and the older MiG-15bis tank, as a constructive criticism, they should be a little bigger, mainly in diameter. After all, a varnish cover was built and the models were finalized.

Old 08-24-2022, 08:51 AM

Smile

Here's the first finished MiG-15, one of Brent's excellent repaints of the MiG-15 over of Bruno's second-generation model, catalog number: #202 Remembering that this model is for sale in a combo at Ecardmodels here: 1/100 Mig-15bis (3 kit bundle) Paper Model - EcardModels
I made a few modifications, among them improving the air intake a little, making it "3D" using parts from Bruno's new MiG-15 kit.

I have no information about this particular PLAAF MiG-15, but the color scheme may indicate one of the many Chinese MiG-15s used in the Korean War. The MiG-15 and UTI were manufactured in China as the Shenyang S-2 and FT-2 being later used both by the Chinese armed forces and by many foreign users, notably in Africa and even in some European countries such as Albania.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Péricles - Your model resembles a MiG-15 that I saw on display at the Datangshan Aviation Museum near Beijing that I visited shortly after it opened in November 1989. The museum is located at a former military air base that included a huge underground exhibit area inside Datangshan Mountain. The MiG-15 was mounted on a pedestal and had a wreath of flowers around it. I have been unable to find my journal and photographs that I took at that time, but in my memory the aircraft was in the same color scheme as your model and was identified as the aircraft flown by then-Major Wang Hai of the 3rd Fighter Aviation Division of the PLAAF. I will continue looking for my documentation on that aircraft.

Photos of Major Wang Hai's MiG on the internet show an aircraft in natural aluminum and North Korean national markings with the buzz number 079 (other images show the number 2249), so your model, in PLAAF national markings may have nothing to do with Major Wang.

In any event, who ever flew that airplane, your model is outstanding.

Don
Old 08-24-2022, 10:00 AM

The next MiG-15 is the UTI training version called "Midget" in NATO coding. The end of the MiG-15's operational life as a top-tier fighter did not prevent the MiG-15UTI from being used for many years as a simple and inexpensive option for advanced training and conversion to other types of fighter jets. In fact, a training version of the MiG-17 was never developed in the Soviet Union because the Midget masterfully filled this need. What is the case of this beautiful MiG-15UTI in the colors of the Mozambican Air Force that was used to convert training into the MiG-17 of this air force.

This nice repaint and conversion was done by our friend Rata before Bruno remade the MiG-15 including the ICU version. Again it is a model based on the number #202 in the catalogue, as in the Chinese single seater, we refined the air intake using Bruno's new kit parts. I believe that Rata will soon be available on Ecaradmodels.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another excellent model!

Don
Old 08-24-2022, 02:24 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Péricles - Your model resembles a MiG-15 that I saw on display at the Datangshan Aviation Museum near Beijing that I visited shortly after it opened in November 1989. The museum is located at a former military air base that included a huge underground exhibit area inside Datangshan Mountain. The MiG-15 was mounted on a pedestal and had a wreath of flowers around it. I have been unable to find my journal and photographs that I took at that time, but in my memory the aircraft was in the same color scheme as your model and was identified as the aircraft flown by then-Major Wang Hai of the 3rd Fighter Aviation Division of the PLAAF. I will continue looking for my documentation on that aircraft.

Photos of Major Wang Hai's MiG on the internet show an aircraft in natural aluminum and North Korean national markings with the buzz number 079 (other images show the number 2249), so your model, in PLAAF national markings may have nothing to do with Major Wang.

In any event, who ever flew that airplane, your model is outstanding.

Don
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Another excellent model!

Don
Thanks Don for short research and inputs. Indeed I not found any concrete information about this chinese MiG-15 in particular.

Bruno and repainters make a great models as always!

Péricles
Old 08-24-2022, 05:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
I believe that Rata will soon be available on Ecaradmodels.
Indeed it will. And with your kind permission Péricles I'll use photos of your build.

Garry G.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Indeed it will. And with your kind permission Péricles I'll use photos of your build.

Garry G.
Thanks my friend!

ANd of course is a honor! I send for you all pics via email
Old 08-26-2022, 04:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
.....I send for you all pics via email
I'll submit to Ecards ASAP Pér.
Attached Thumbnails
My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-3ff0ced1ee8e1a5ce848e73f5d0fe213.jpg  
Old 08-26-2022, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Excellent duo Pericles. Very nice models.

I was also wondering about that Chinese Mig. Is there any evidence of camouflaged Mig-15 flying in Korea. I thought camouflaging of Migs came into use later and it was in response to NATO air doctrine changing to a lot more low flying attacks and recon by both bombers and fighter-bombers.

Then again PLAAF was at war with ROC just prior to Korean War so maybe they had need for camouflaged planes a lot earlier than Warsaw Pact. It was pretty bloody war fought on much,much lower altitudes from what little info I found.