Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thanks my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Nice work.

Your students are fortunate.

Don
Thanks so much Don! I don't know if they think so, but I always try to inspire and do my best. I have worked for many years as an advisor to the Union of bank workers in my city. I coordinate the entity's historical archive and the area of ​​courses, where we do some university extensions (small and medium specialization courses), in general these courses are aimed at workers I am also a volunteer teacher in a preparatory course for the vestibular or ENEM (which is a Brazil system that allows high school students to enter university) popular, aimed at low-income people. In this second I teach Brazilian history and geography and geopolitics.

I don't have many pictures of me teaching, but I leave a screenshot of the instagram of a student of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
I love how there are always parts of another model(s) somewhere in the background!
Thanks my friend. Is a Vultee BT-13 from Bruno, in El Salvador Air Force colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Excellent work Péricles. The sharkmouth decorations really suit the shark-like shape and colour of the F-15 fuselage!
Thank you my friend! I think shark mouths look interesting on any plane. But in the F-15 they are more precisely due to the color profile all in gray and low visibility. A pity that the nose art of this particular plane is low in relation to the nose.

Last edited by gomidefilho; 03-10-2023 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-10-2023, 09:22 AM

Smile

On the last night, I finished the landing gear, glued small antennas and started to build the external load.

I'm looking forward to finishing this model today.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Thank you very much! My tip is to glue these pieces without tabs using a little glue and a needle. Pasting is time-consuming and detailed in these cases. I know modelers who don't use tabs in their collages. I can't imagine myself without them.
I used to design my models with a lot of tabs but am leaving them out more and more due to this reason. Edge (or almost edge) gluing gives much better results. Something I learned from the better builders (Thanks, Péricles)
Old 03-10-2023, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I also cut out tabs. Sometimes I use parts of them ,make incision where part will fit and insert tab with just a dab of glue. I learned that when making old Rigby models and Soviet tank models from 70s. Old trick but it does make things easier at times.

One things I found tabs useful for is they are great for figuring out how part should be formed and sometimes where it should be glued. Easy with single engine models but harder with multi engined models.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:17 PM

Thanks my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
I used to design my models with a lot of tabs but am leaving them out more and more due to this reason. Edge (or almost edge) gluing gives much better results. Something I learned from the better builders (Thanks, Péricles)
You are a great builder my friend! The fun thing about paper modeling is that we always learn something from everyone, and I learned a lot from you so I'm happy when I teach something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
I also cut out tabs. Sometimes I use parts of them ,make incision where part will fit and insert tab with just a dab of glue. I learned that when making old Rigby models and Soviet tank models from 70s. Old trick but it does make things easier at times.

One things I found tabs useful for is they are great for figuring out how part should be formed and sometimes where it should be glued. Easy with single engine models but harder with multi engined models.
Good tips Karol! In fact, I use a little bit of everything according to the needs and characteristics of the project, sometimes the tabs can get in the way, but I don't really have an opinion about that.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:28 PM

Smile Completion of the F-15 Project

The model is finished with just the varnish layer. One of DrDrei's Mods is the missiles, but I already warned the repainter that they are slightly smaller than they should be, and he will adjust this in the model that went for sale.

Old 03-10-2023, 08:35 PM

Final shots of F-15C

Despite having made a lot of mistakes with this model and practically giving up on it, I ended up with your encouragement, renewing the will to finish it, and I think, given my limitations, that I achieved a good result. Remember that this model still has the old nose and canopy (recently Bruno redesigned these parts) Andrei's repaint is based on the model #1880 to #1885 from Bruno's catalogue.

Until the next.
Old 03-10-2023, 08:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 339.13 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Final shots of F-15C

Despite having made a lot of mistakes with this model and practically giving up on it, I ended up with your encouragement, renewing the will to finish it, and I think, given my limitations, that I achieved a good result. Remember that this model still has the old nose and canopy (recently Bruno redesigned these parts) Andrei's repaint is based on the model #1880 to #1885 from Bruno's catalogue.

Until the next.
I would like to express that I really liked on how my other recolored F-15C worked out Sir as I have build the 173rd Fighter Wing first (also with a Shark Mouth), regardless of the mistakes on it.

I guess this would also serve as my references if there are revisions required to be made for my future recolors and edits of the F-15s
Old 03-10-2023, 09:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another great model!

Don
Old 03-11-2023, 04:10 PM

Thanks my friends! it's time to see a rare Scissors and Planes model to be built.