Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-25-2023, 02:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Thanks my friends! Updates soon!
Old 03-29-2023, 03:27 PM

Smile

Hello friends!

Still without significant updates, in the SB-2 but I did some things in secondary projects, among them cutting all parts of the FAB P-47 and resuming my Hawker Fury duo that had been stopped since 2021.

Finally, we returned to face-to-face meetings at my modeling fraternity and after almost 3 years of stoppage due to the pandemic, we returned, this time I renovated my construction space in the collective workshop with a hybrid workbench between paper modeling and plastimodeling. We're back to the good Tuesday night meetings.

Old 03-29-2023, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Don't spread yourself too thin Péricles! Two concurrent projects at a time is my limit.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:12 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
The Cofradía brotherhood at least all of his henchmen are presentials.
Old 03-29-2023, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Don't spread yourself too thin Péricles! Two concurrent projects at a time is my limit.
My problem is often the anxiety of seeing things started, in general I stop, resume, stop again and so many projects go on at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
The Cofradía brotherhood at least all of his henchmen are presentials.

I've already talked about the CCCP on other occasions around here. We were really missing it. This year I went back to working with plastic, but on a much smaller scale. (restricted to brotherhood meetings) The prices of plastic models and the inputs and materials to build them are out of line in Brazil (and in the whole world in general)
Old 03-29-2023, 11:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
The prices of plastic models and the inputs and materials to build them are out of line in Brazil (and in the whole world in general)
No relief here in Australia for high plastic kit prices either Pericles.

For example that 1/72 Airfix Magister on your desk retails for anywhere between AU$26 and $40. And considering that particular kit (though a good one) is not a new mould but a 1975 re-issue......

Makes one all the more appreciative of the low cost of paper models!
Old 03-30-2023, 09:14 AM

Smile

Quickly diverting to the subject of plastimodeling. That's why paper modeling is my main hobby. Only people with high purchasing power can effectively "collect" with plastic models. The values ​​there in Australia are similar to those practiced in Brazil, which is why the "game" at the CCCP prioritizes construction and not collecting itself.

Old 03-30-2023, 02:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Is that a Fouga in plastic?
Old 03-30-2023, 03:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanShort1 View Post
Is that a Fouga in plastic?

Yep, Airfix Magister. Looks a pretty big box for a small-ish type at that scale.

I do wish there was a modelling/craft club like that near here, supposedly there is an IPMS chapter but I'd like something where people from different hobbies mix together. On the subject of model mediums, I notice with slight amusement that the paper kits I finished recently have about twice the detail of the plastic ones I made and cost about a tenth of them even at 1990s prices.
Old 03-31-2023, 09:47 PM

Smile CCCP in detail (one of homes of my S&P builds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Yep, Airfix Magister. Looks a pretty big box for a small-ish type at that scale.

I do wish there was a modelling/craft club like that near here, supposedly there is an IPMS chapter but I'd like something where people from different hobbies mix together. On the subject of model mediums, I notice with slight amusement that the paper kits I finished recently have about twice the detail of the plastic ones I made and cost about a tenth of them even at 1990s prices.
I've mentioned CCCP numerous times here in this thread Siwi, but it bears repeating. The Confraria was founded in 2005 together with a chapter of IPMS (which I am a founding member) IPMS Porto Alegre. This chapter ended up not prospering because Brazilian modelers in general are quite bellicose with regard to ideological positions and vanities. Thus, IPMS Porto Alegre imploded in a few years, from which other smaller groups emerged, which still exist here today. However, the fraternity continued to function more concerned with fun than with competition. Nowadays it is common for several model groups to have collective work spaces, but I can be proud that CCCP was one of the first model groups to have a collective space well before it became a trend. (in Brazil of course)

The Brotherhood has few members these days. We have three resident modellers (who use the collective space) two who now live in other regions of Brazil, some modeller friends from abroad (including Tigertony and
Vinalssergio155) are also part of the fraternity as guests, among them our dear and late model maker Zé Reis, one of the best paper modeller ever met, with Zé we inaugurated videoconferencing long before it was fashionable via Microsoft Messenger a decade ago. His passing was deeply felt by us.

The CCCP is a point outside the curve, we do not follow the paradigms and idiosyncrasies of static modeling, especially plastic modeling. We are all multimedia, although of course most of us have plastic as our base media, and I have paper as our base media. But we are interdisciplinary. Our work tables are practically redundant in terms of equipment, my confreres are also die makers and we even have a centrifuge and a forge to make metal figures. Now, until the end of the year, the fraternity will go to 3D printing. The only thing we don't have there is paper printing equipment (but nothing the fellow homeowner can't provide).

In addition to being the resident modellers, we've been friends for many years, we know each other's lives and this is also essential for having fun. The CCCP headquarters is located in a shed at the back of the house of one of our confreres, it has, in addition to the modeling space, a carpentry workshop, complete kitchen, wood stove and of course barbecue and always has cold beer or wine, depending on the season of the year and of course the temperature.

CCCP is located in historic district in Porto Alegre, the Passo d'Areia Housing Complex, also known as Vila dos Industriarios, was informally called IAPI, in allusion to the former Instituto de Aposentadorias e Pensões dos Industriarios (industrial workers pension institute (formerly the Brazilian retirement and social security system was decentralized and divided by category of workers)), which financed popular housing projects in large cities in Brazil. The project was idealized and its construction accompanied by the engineer Edmundo Gardolinski. The Vila can be considered the oldest condominium on the South America.
Gardolinski was inspired by Ebenezer Howard's idea of ​​the Garden City, which, in addition to the creation of housing, envisaged the creation of gardens, public and cultural buildings, schools, services and employment opportunities, providing workers with a better quality of life and greater independence from the city center.
The Vila was built between 1942 and 1954, during the governments of Getúlio Vargas and the administration of Mayor Ildo Meneghetti to house industrial workers. The area consists of a conglomeration of buildings and houses of similar and peculiar architecture. Vila do IAPI then provided for 2,500 homes, 31 commercial stores, a public market square, eleven squares and gardens, a school, milk distribution stations, among other services. It was inaugurated in 1953 by the then President of the Republic, Getúlio Vargas. (wikipedia).

The construction of the Vila was due to the proximity of heavy industries that existed to the north of my city, including metallurgy, forges such as Taurus, a famous Brazilian arms manufacturer. Chemical and weaving industries. Those companies other than Taurus went bankrupt or moved over the course of the decades. Today IAPI is located in a densely populated area that, apart from some neighborhoods in São Paulo, has the highest population density in Brazil per square kilometer. Which is strange considering that Porto Alegre is the fifth largest city in Brazil.

At IAPI, the famous Brazilian singer Elis Regina was born and raised, one of the greatest female voices that Brazil has ever produced. (Died 1982, relatively young.)

For those who want to see a little of the Confraria's work on facebook, we have a page (which is open), I leave the link to our 15th anniversary exhibition of residents and guests.

CCCP | E assim chegamos aos 15 anos, e para comemorar, formatamos esta exposição virtual, que além das nossas montagens, está enriquecida com excelentes ...

Returning to our subjects, now it's late in Brazil, but tomorrow I'll post the progress on the three SB-2s I'm working on. And of course, at CCCP there is a folder with a couple of hundred Scissors and Planes models printed out. (Who remembers the Soviet series that was posted here throughout 2018? It was all built in the CCCP meetings)

The brotherhood meets every Tuesday night or Friday, depending on the Grêmio Football Porto Alegrense football matches and our schedule.