PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-01-2023, 04:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Thanks for sharing all that. I am lucky to be in a few 'informal clubs' for running and music, but not for crafting. In fact it is probable that in my city, which is quite 'cultural', there is something close to that, a space where people can meet and make whatever, but I've not found it yet.

I noticed the car in the last picture is a red Opel Corsa B, almost identical to the first car I owned but mine had the hatchback style as this was the only type available in the UK.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 751.01 MB
Nice to see how you share your passion for modelling in a fraternity (sisters not excluded).
Where I live I did not find a club myself, so I looked for a virtual community, which I found right here, with Pericles being one of my first friends.
Thank you for all these years of solidarity.
B
Old 04-02-2023, 04:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Thanks for sharing all that. I am lucky to be in a few 'informal clubs' for running and music, but not for crafting. In fact it is probable that in my city, which is quite 'cultural', there is something close to that, a space where people can meet and make whatever, but I've not found it yet.

I noticed the car in the last picture is a red Opel Corsa B, almost identical to the first car I owned but mine had the hatchback style as this was the only type available in the UK.
Siwi, the ideal is to look for modeling clubs that have coworking spaces, or at worst a workspace in the form of a club in the arts area. My city, despite being large (almost two million inhabitants, excluding the satellite cities) has many art and carpentry clubs and also spaces for temporary rent (for a few hours) as this was a trend imported from Europe, I believe you will find it easy .

About the Corsa is currently an old car in Brazil, produced in the 1990s (1993-2005), here it was manufactured by GM precisely at the Gravataí plant (city where Aeropostale had an airfield and where Jean Mermoz and St. Exupery) which is close to Porto Alegre. GM produced many Opel designs here. The Corsa was manufactured in sedan, hatchback, minivan and pickup versions, in addition to the Tigra sports car that uses the same platform as the Corsa. It is currently a relatively rare car to see on the streets around here, the vast majority as in the photo are Taxis (Cabs) that's why the orange-red color (which is characteristic of the colors of this type of service in the city), many run with adapted engines for the use of vehicular natural gas. At the height of production here (which was even exported) the Corsa had many engines and additional ones in addition to having a popular version that used a 1.0 engine for use in cities.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorsandplanes View Post
Nice to see how you share your passion for modelling in a fraternity (sisters not excluded).
Where I live I did not find a club myself, so I looked for a virtual community, which I found right here, with Pericles being one of my first friends.
Thank you for all these years of solidarity.
B
The pleasure and joy of our friendship is mine my friend! Like so many other friends we have here on this forum. I am happy that the CCCP inspires, I am happy.
Old 04-02-2023, 04:53 PM

Smile

Returning to our normal programming, leaving aside the curiosities about the CCCP and Porto Alegre. We return to the SB-2 trio.

I chose to completely redo all the fuselages, the reason is that I didn't like the way I assembled the back, so in the central section of the fuselage, I adhered formers which made it a lot easier, including the fitting of the windshield. I took the opportunity and reformulated the rudder adhesion former, now I have to start building the wings.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:32 AM

Smile

We continue work on our Tupolev SB-2 trio. The inner part of the wings as well as the tail were installed. Honorable mention to the genius of the piece that forms the nose tower, it fits very well and is very well thought out, a gift from Bruno's genius. Rata and Garry's Beautiful repaints also appear in their respective repaints.

Gluing the wings section was not difficult and the integrated root fit very well. I opted to glue it by segments to be able to work better later on the engine nacelles.

For friends of Catholic orientation, I wish you a happy Easter.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Thank you for sharing!
Old 04-09-2023, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
I think I've just been sold this SB-2 model! Good idea to add formers; whilst most S&P kits go together just fine without them there are a few examples where it would be helpful for more difficult shapes and for strength.
Old 04-09-2023, 09:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 627.45 MB
Nice work, my friend.

Brent
Old 04-09-2023, 01:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's great to see those three SBs lined up.

Don