Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
All your projects looking good Per!
Old 07-20-2023, 02:41 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
All your projects looking good Per!
Thank you my friend! I miss you excellent builds!
Old 07-20-2023, 02:53 PM

Smile

Yesterday I finished the fuselage of the F-86 and thus the assembly of the eight models can begin to be articulated.

As I mentioned on other occasions that I built the F-86 from Scissors and Planes, the fuselage has very particular shapes and transitions, which make construction a little difficult. But nothing that is an extreme difficulty, just pay attention to the shapes of the nose and the air intake.

Tigertony offers in this repaint two nose options resized at 104 and 106% for fit, I used the original part.
Old 07-21-2023, 03:27 PM

Smile

Last night we had the CCCP meeting, I worked most of the time with plastimodeling, but even so it was possible to start the Junkers F-13 by cutting all the parts of the model that was repainted by Butelczynski in the colors of one of the first Soviet Air Companies, next week I must advance quickly on this model because in a first analysis it seems very simple to build.

Old 07-21-2023, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Sabre coming along nicely. Have you decided what to do about the black part at the top of the nose intake? I was never really happy with leaving it sticking out on my FJ-4, but folding it under didn't work either. A problem part of an otherwise great model.

Looking forward to the Junkers too!
Attached Thumbnails
My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-sabre-.jpg   My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-img_8106.jpg   My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-jolley_roger_f86.jpg  
Old 07-24-2023, 02:55 PM

Smile

Hello friends!

Unfortunately this weekend was not very productive, I only managed to work on the models on Sunday afternoon. I opted to summarize the construction of the Horsley, gluing several elements, I scratched the scarf ring and the tail posts that were absent in the original model, they were made with cardboard painted with markers. the center section of the struts has also been added. The exhausts were glued, observing photographs of the real plane, later they will be painted.

Old 07-24-2023, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Sabre coming along nicely. Have you decided what to do about the black part at the top of the nose intake? I was never really happy with leaving it sticking out on my FJ-4, but folding it under didn't work either. A problem part of an otherwise great model.

Looking forward to the Junkers too!
Thank you my friend! I actually never managed to interpret this piece correctly, I assume that maybe I should bend it to create an internal part of the tip, but I've tried to do it and it didn't work, so I prefer to taper the tip.
Old 07-26-2023, 02:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
Hope this is a good place for a basic Scissors & Planes question:
As an example, I'm starting to work on an A-4E, 1/100 original upscaled to 1/72 on 116 gsm paper (as a first try) and converted to be a flyable glider. No landing gear, no stores, so that makes things a little easier. But without model-specific instructions, do y'all just pore over photos of the real thing and match up the various bits—antennas, strakes, etc.—to what you can find that way? Or is there any more guidance to be had? In the A-4E's example, I think I've figured out some of the pieces like the optional extended leading edge slats (which I'm going to omit), but it's hard to know for sure, and I haven't sleuthed out what everything is, where it goes, and what shape it's supposed to be.
Old 07-26-2023, 03:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Pretty much what you describe, yes. I look at reference photos for all my builds, but it's especially important as S&P do not label the parts and indicate where smaller componants go. If you are lucky, there is a photoset somewhere here of the model that Bruno or a repainter has made.
Old 07-26-2023, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReynoldsSlumber View Post
Hope this is a good place for a basic Scissors & Planes question:
As an example, I'm starting to work on an A-4E, 1/100 original upscaled to 1/72 on 116 gsm paper (as a first try) and converted to be a flyable glider. No landing gear, no stores, so that makes things a little easier. But without model-specific instructions, do y'all just pore over photos of the real thing and match up the various bits—antennas, strakes, etc.—to what you can find that way? Or is there any more guidance to be had? In the A-4E's example, I think I've figured out some of the pieces like the optional extended leading edge slats (which I'm going to omit), but it's hard to know for sure, and I haven't sleuthed out what everything is, where it goes, and what shape it's supposed to be.
Hello I think this is the right place to ask this kind of thing. One thing we can't always forget about Bruno's models is that they were originally made for the designer himself to build, so there's a lot of his imagination and logical thinking in the process, which doesn't mean the models can't be built. by third parties, quite the contrary.

I have a good aviation library, but in addition to books the internet is an invaluable source of information, what I can always advise you is to have a good three-view plan of the plane that even indicates the cross-sections of the fuselage and wing sections and many photographs, and study a lot the shapes and details of the plane. This is a major factor in the process. There is always a challenge of how the part fits and how it is in the real plane and even so we can make mistakes of interpretation as I did in the belly of the C-47 and in the nose, but this is not the fault of the designer, or the model itself, it is the way we can interpret. So I say again the best way to build an S&P is to look at photos and drawings of the real plane and study the parts before building. It also helps to see the construction of other modelers, there are many topics here on papermodelers besides my own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Pretty much what you describe, yes. I look at reference photos for all my builds, but it's especially important as S&P do not label the parts and indicate where smaller componants go. If you are lucky, there is a photoset somewhere here of the model that Bruno or a repainter has made.
This is a good solution, Bruno has many models in his own thread with a construction photodiary or with his betas or alphas in development. One of the reasons I made this long topic was precisely to concentrate my constructions and serve as references for other modelers.