PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-01-2023, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Very good looking T-11 Pericles. Do you know how long did FAM used T-11 in service?
Thanks Karol!

I actually do not know in many details the operational life of the Vampire in the FAM, I know that they were acquired late and already obsolete from the RCAF, and the single-seaters were of the F-3 version, they were in use until the end of the 70s and the T -11 until the beginning of the 1980s. Mexico has a tradition of maintaining long-lived combat aircraft, just look at the T-33, which was retired only about fifteen years ago, and the F-5E, which remains more or less in the settings of 1980/90. But again, as our FAM expert on the forum says, Tigertony can accurately report on the operational life of Mexican Vampire.
Old 08-02-2023, 04:26 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
Quote:
Very good looking T-11 Pericles. Do you know how long did FAM used T-11 in service?
The Mexican Air Force acquired two ex-RAF T-11 Vampires in 1962 and they were operational until 1971. Currently both aircraft are preserved in the Air College museums in Zapopan, Jalisco and in the Felipe Angeles Airport museum.
And yes it will be available at Ecardmodels.

Best Regards, Tigertony100
Old 08-02-2023, 10:11 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
The Mexican Air Force acquired two ex-RAF T-11 Vampires in 1962 and they were operational until 1971. Currently both aircraft are preserved in the Air College museums in Zapopan, Jalisco and in the Felipe Angeles Airport museum.
And yes it will be available at Ecardmodels.

Best Regards, Tigertony100
Thanks Tony, I knew you would clarify. I have an edition of Jane's Air Force of the World from the 80's that had this information about Vampire from the FAM, but nothing like the live and up-to-date source
Old 08-02-2023, 10:19 AM

Smile

Last night we had the traditional CCCP meeting and I worked a little with plastimodeling, which gave me the opportunity to advance a lot in the Junkers F13. Particularly apart from Bruno's model, I had never seen anyone build this model. What I can say is that it was a very pleasant construction, without difficulties. The only care and greater attention is in the construction of the fuselage to give the back of the fuselage a concave shape and the union of the engine with it.

As we are experiencing an abnormal warm-up for July (the middle of winter in the southern hemisphere), last night's meeting had an ice-cold craft beer lager, to "wet the word" as we say around here in the conversation between the confreres.

As the model is quite advanced in construction, I decided to bring it home to finish tonight, or at the latest tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2023, 12:32 PM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
¡La Cofradía en acción! The Brotherhood in action!
Mexico had those planes too. My repaint of Fuerza Aérea Mexicana Junkers F13 is incomplete so I'm going to complete the task.
Old 08-02-2023, 03:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
When I was about 6 or 7 we flew from Heathrow to Hannover with Lufthansa. This was back in the early nineties when flying somewhere was just still slightly noteworthy and airlines had the funds to make it a comfortable experience. Apart from being served a meal on a flight of less than two hours, which is unthinkable now, I recall being given with every other youngster a glossy 'spielbuch' which includes puzzles, games, history of the airline and a slot-tab-together model of a propellor airliner which I now know was this Junkers F13. It was lost years ago but I remember the pages and the model quite clearly.
Old 08-02-2023, 05:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I did build the Brazilian F13. I still have it hanging here so if I can't locate pictures I'll make new ones since I can't find my post . I remember it to be "no problem" kind of build but I made my life easier by inserting few bulkheads here and there just to keep shape better.

I have two more F13s printed-Polish LOT and Bruno original Canadian one on floats that I had to correct here and there.

When I researched that Junkers I found that there were in fact few,possibly as many as 5 slightly different versions of F.13. Differences were in wings,engines and engine cooling arrangement and rear tailplanes. A lot of F.13s have been "upgraded" over time with kits purchased from Junkers or manufactured locally so reclolores should pay close attention to version they make. This is why I didn't build OH-SUO from Winter War-it was upgraded in Sweden to last version and conversion of Bruno model was just a bit beyond my skill level

Soviet R-RDAV Pericles is building here was one of early examples and I couldn't find what happened to it. I know it was purchased by Komsomol for promotional and VIP/cargo transport duties.

Have fun
Old 08-03-2023, 07:33 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
¡La Cofradía en acción! The Brotherhood in action!
Mexico had those planes too. My repaint of Fuerza Aérea Mexicana Junkers F13 is incomplete so I'm going to complete the task.
This should be an interesting version, because the Mexican triangles are a very interesting insignia.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:34 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
When I was about 6 or 7 we flew from Heathrow to Hannover with Lufthansa. This was back in the early nineties when flying somewhere was just still slightly noteworthy and airlines had the funds to make it a comfortable experience. Apart from being served a meal on a flight of less than two hours, which is unthinkable now, I recall being given with every other youngster a glossy 'spielbuch' which includes puzzles, games, history of the airline and a slot-tab-together model of a propellor airliner which I now know was this Junkers F13. It was lost years ago but I remember the pages and the model quite clearly.
I'm glad that my construction activated such good memories and that you identified the plane correlating it. Now I'm waiting for you to assemble the F13 with your usual build quality.
Old 08-03-2023, 07:42 AM

Smile

Quote:
I did build the Brazilian F13. I still have it hanging here so if I can't locate pictures I'll make new ones since I can't find my post . I remember it to be "no problem" kind of build but I made my life easier by inserting few bulkheads here and there just to keep shape better.

I have two more F13s printed-Polish LOT and Bruno original Canadian one on floats that I had to correct here and there.

When I researched that Junkers I found that there were in fact few,possibly as many as 5 slightly different versions of F.13. Differences were in wings,engines and engine cooling arrangement and rear tailplanes. A lot of F.13s have been "upgraded" over time with kits purchased from Junkers or manufactured locally so reclolores should pay close attention to version they make. This is why I didn't build OH-SUO from Winter War-it was upgraded in Sweden to last version and conversion of Bruno model was just a bit beyond my skill level

Soviet R-RDAV Pericles is building here was one of early examples and I couldn't find what happened to it. I know it was purchased by Komsomol for promotional and VIP/cargo transport duties.

Have fun
Thanks for the notes Karol! Most Junkers aircraft from the interwar period had an extraordinary longevity because of their structure so it was natural to have these upgrade kits or even local modifications. Good to know that you built VARIG's "Livramento" (the Brazilian version), but this catalog model is missing a few things, one thing I noticed is that each F13 was different from the other in detail. Today I intend to finish building it, and I should post historical details and why KOMONSOL had this plane "borrowed" in the early 20's.