PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-07-2023, 03:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Great work, and I like the display base. The red Yak-15 'Feather' is on my longlist.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Many thanks my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Excellent work, as always!

Don
Thank you very much for your continued support my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Nice growing herd of Yaks Péricles! Looks great mate.
Once again, thank you very much for the brilliance of your model design and thank you very much for supporting this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
Great work, and I like the display base. The red Yak-15 'Feather' is on my longlist.
Thank you Siwi! I got the base by searching the internet (it's been a while since I remember where I got it, but it was from a plastic modeling page that had several models of tarmacs, I think it was through Google images.

The Yak-17, by my count, I assembled practically all the models in the catalogue, with only one Romanian UTI missing. The Yak-15 I built just one in addition to the Yak-21 prototype, the red one and possibly another Yak-15 is in my plans.

Old 11-07-2023, 12:13 PM

Smile Plans for the weekend.

In a miraculous moment, I decided to clean the workbench. In my planning, three major assembly cycles, and simultaneous construction in pairs or trios. The first pair is a tribute to Bruno with aircraft from the Belgian Air Force during the serious moments of 1940, the Fairey Battle is an improved version of the original design that I repainted with more accurate markings and the CR-42 is one of the brand new models in the catalog , I should start them on Friday.

Tonight we have CCCP, in which I might start one of the cycles I mentioned a few posts ago, or not, the fun thing about Bruno having literally designed thousands of models is the powerful possibility of choice.
Old 11-08-2023, 06:43 AM

Smile

Last night was CCCP day, as I'm waiting for the paints I bought to arrive to move forward with the Fouga Magister plastic project, I dedicated myself solely to paper modeling. The model selected was the Supermarine Attacker (printed since 2019), yesterday was an ordinary hot day and a very pleasant night, so the group conversation and montages were livened up with a cold beer.

At first I chose to just build the Attacker in the colors of the Royal Navy, the Pakistani one will be left for later (which I will do without the detachable belly and with the wings folded). As a construction guide, I will use Raimund's excellent assembly of the Attacker prototype in his thread:
My Scissors&Planes collection

At this moment the work is still preliminary, we have built a series of smaller elements and the wings in addition to the tail. I prepared a segment of the fuselage and some parts to support the wings and a "former" for the air intakes was laminated with cardboard.
Old 11-09-2023, 09:55 AM

Smile

Well friends!

We resume the construction of the Breguet 14 of the Military Brigade of the State of Rio Grande do Sul, I have already covered here in the thread all the initial historical aspects of this unusual version of this classic French bomber. With the model at a more advanced stage of construction, we will continue the approaches that historically contextualize it.

With this study carried out, we scored the pieces with a blunt blade from a No. 11 surgical scalpel.

We then prepare the gluing of the segments, for gluing I always use clamps with locks or crossed, often the pieces can have slopes or segments, in these cases I always start gluing with the section with the largest area.

Here we see the fuselage segments all finished. By far the most complex piece to bend and form is the engine on its lower back, which has a triple curvature with three gluing segments, one of which is quite small. Note that the segments are composed, that is: the bottom of the fuselage and the sides form a box but the back has a curvature. It is made by forming the paper in an EVA rubber cochin and a metal needle or rod.

The plated cockpits will be opened when the assembly of the fuselage is completed, I'm wondering if I'll make a shadow box in them or a mock cockpit to be installed, still studying.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:58 AM

Smile

Last Friday I started building the FIAT CR-42 and the Fairey Battle in the colors of the Royal Belgian Air Force. We started construction, laminating the wheels, selecting colors from my new acrylic markers.

For those interested, the fingerless glove is a tool that I have used for a long time, it serves to protect the printed parts of the model from dirt. I also separated my tweezers and cutting tools, they are here for curiosity. We also use spring scissors for gardening to laminate with heavyweight cardboard paper. The parts were all cut and separated for subassemblies overnight on Friday and in rainy saturday.
Old 11-13-2023, 12:18 PM

This weekend, we were literally holed up at home, it rained from Saturday until today, 150 mm, which is equivalent to half the month of November here, historically, considering it is spring which is naturally rainy. So Saturday ended up yielding good progress in the construction of both models.

Old 11-13-2023, 12:29 PM

Right away I built the Breguet XIV fuselage, without any major alignment problems.

Old 11-13-2023, 06:23 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great set of models. I especially like the Breguet.

Don
Old 11-14-2023, 06:58 AM

Smile

Thanks Don!

Tomorrow is a proclamation of a Republic holiday, time to advance in the models.