PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-11-2024, 08:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.97 GB
It made the news in Los Angeles.
Our prayers are with you and your family.
Old 05-11-2024, 10:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 917.06 MB
Mio dios! Hope for safe and speedy recovery. Be strong! Be patient! Best wishes, Pericles.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.03 MB
When I heard the news about the flooding in Porto Alegre I thougt about you. Good to hear that you and your family are safe.
Old 05-12-2024, 01:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
My thoughts are with you all, I hope this can be sorted as soon as possible and life return to what we call normal.

Peace,
Old 05-12-2024, 02:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
This hasn't even made the news here in the UK. Our newspapers are more concerned with Eurovision and the aurora borealis. I do hope everyone can be kept safe and order restored.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:43 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.37 GB
Water to drink is one of the main things missing at an event like this. Here in Mexico we suffered two earthquakes and we know of these types of disasters. The good thing is that you and your family are fine.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:22 AM
POTM Moderator

Total Downloaded: 18.36 MB
Unfortunately, the journalists here prefer to cover other issues.
You are one of the best sources of information we have about this story.
Please continue to keep us informed about developments.
We all hope better days are ahead for you.

Last edited by Michael Mash; 05-12-2024 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 05-12-2024, 08:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
I read about those floods right when they started. There were and still are articles posted on other sites with similar floods happening in Paraguay and Uruguay so this is not just local thing. It's region wide and affecting great many people. It will take decades to sort it out, clean up and rebuild but I'm sure people will come together to fight it out. When faced with large tragedies like this people tend to get together and forget about their differences of opinions.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Thank you very much for everyone's words and concern. What is actually happening here puts the flooding in New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina in your pocket, as we say here in Brazil, the worst part is that this weekend it has already rained another 300 mm, in other words, the flooding of Lake Gauíba tends to get worse and surpass the record mark of 5.5 meters.

The city center, some districts in the north zone, have water depths of two meters and in Canoas, a nearby city, water depths of seven meters, of turbid and dangerous water (lepstopyrosis and other diseases) due to contamination of the sewage and human bodies and animals that drowned. There are half a million homeless people, the Brazilian federal government has already sent a lot of help with thousands of soldiers, many tons of donations and a war operation with more than 150,000 soldiers from all branches helping, Other states in Brazil sent firefighters, aircraft, police, helicopters that are helping with the rescues, as in addition to the flooding there are burials. Civil defense is reinforced by thousands of volunteers. Dry places in schools, universities, public buildings have become shelters for thousands of people and also for animals (especially pets).

The volunteers who help people face "rivers" that in their streetbed have structures such as bus stops, submerged cars, trees and fences that damage jet skis and boats, but saved thousands of people who were stranded in houses and tall buildings.

The madness is so great that on one of the city's main road rings, a campaign "road" was built with cracked stone to create a humanitarian corridor, as this road is about 2 meters above the highway bed, it was necessary to tear down pedestrian walkways to trucks and emergency vehicles pass.

I'll leave some videos from the local press and a Google image search link showing the floods.

CNN Brazil

Poder 360 (about the emergency road)

inundacao porto alegre 2024 - Google Search

One thing I must say in addition to everything I have already written. Be very careful in democracies when choosing rulers, here we are also victims of neglect and the dismantling of environmental policies, they are important components of this tragedy. Although I will never discuss politics here and there is no space, I felt obliged to say this.

Today I am still resuming the construction of my DH-9.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.57 GB
What a massive catastrophe. Thanks for the account, gomidefilho, and good luck to the whole region with an unfortunately arduous recovery.