PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-15-2020, 04:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 295.28 MB
Building these types of planes (Biplanes/triplanes with lots of wing struts) give me nightmares... let alone a 1/100 kit no matter how simple. I salute you gomidefilho; you and Rata are trying very hard to show me the way.
Old 04-15-2020, 12:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

Thank's my friend! But is a question of training and training. SVA-5 I previous build and Fokker DVII is easy model to build. I try show some techniques I use to build biplanes, one is use of jigs.

After the DVII pair I resume spanish NiD-29, a complex biplane because many cables...

Old 04-16-2020, 09:52 AM

Smile

In the last night I resume the work on Fokker DVII's

I build the details of engine and machine guns. In engine a use a layers to make details, the escape pipes are painted. Edges of wings are painted with black too, the models is closed to put in a jig for build the upper wing...

Night of 1/100 builds...

Old 04-19-2020, 10:55 PM

Cool

After a small break I retake my wor on couple of Fokker DVII. I make a control horns and cables, horizontal tail strut and gluing tail ski...

Make of horns with 120gsm colored paper

Gluing the cables with CA Glue (before any ask the cables is a medial wire for suture)

Make the struts, in the case of Lothar machine again with colored paper (in case I laminated two 120gsm pieces) in Goering machine the strut is make with a 240gsm white paper...

The results at the moment. In the next step both models is put in a jig to build upper wing... Stay tuned...
Old 04-20-2020, 08:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
That is a good-looking pair of D.VIIs!

Don
Old 04-20-2020, 09:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 80.96 MB
Beautiful Builds!

C
Old 04-21-2020, 11:01 AM

Thank's my friends! Today more updates!
Old 04-22-2020, 09:47 AM

Cool

Summarizing our constructions in the Fokker DVII, last night I prepared the wing assembly jigs.

Based on previous experiences of building the DVII, mainly on the Fiddlers Green model, the ideal is to glue the main external mounts of the wing, as they are at an angle of 90 degrees in relation to the plane of the wing.

The jig serves to precisely keep our hands free to be able to manipulate the model and glue these pieces together.

It is made with high density foam (called Depron in Brazil), although this material can be purchased at stationery stores and drawing stores, it can also be saved in my case from food packaging, in my case my two jigs came from a pizza package (they prevent it from bending over in the box). Since we always eat pizza on Friday, I have plenty of these Depron salvaged.

The interesting thing about the jig is that it fits other Fokkers that will certainly be assembled, since the locks and supports of the model are provisional at the base of the jig and made with map pins, pins, thumbtacks and in some cases wood.

The mounts were made using the parts of the kit, the cut to avoid disconnections between the faces is made in the peripheral areas and only after the fully bonded faces do we cut (in general I wait 24 hours for a complete drying).

See you in the next update
Old 04-22-2020, 09:56 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.36 GB
No wonder my Vought O2-UM Corsair's wings were crooked, these Jigs were missing! I´ve learned a lot from you, very good 1/100 modelling! Tony.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:09 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
No wonder my Vought O2-UM Corsair's wings were crooked, these Jigs were missing! I´ve learned a lot from you, very good 1/100 modelling! Tony.
Thank's my friend! I'm glad help you to make a good builds. Keep you wonderful Mexican collection!!!

Well friends!

Continuing the construction of the Fokker DVII, I decided to first build the external struts of the model's wings, as they are 90 ° in relation to the wing plane, it makes it easier when building the cabane of the central section. For this we use pieces of high density Styrofoam carefully glued with pins to be easily adjusted. The amounts are glued together before checking angles with small squares taken from a child's toy (something that belonged to my youngest daughter who is now 16 years old), this square can also be made with hard paper at the correct angle. For a correct alignment of the strut pieces that are glued on two sides, I recommend cutting only the peripheral part and making a light crease with a scalpel, after 24 hours gluing they are ready to be glued on the wings, eventually these pieces need painting, which is a way to reinforce them too.

One of the great advantages of the jig is to free your hands to work on other stages of the model, without damaging the construction, the base of the DVII jig will still be used to glue the landing gear. I believe that in the next update I will have the models finished ... Until the next update.