PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 09-17-2022, 05:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Great read Péricles. Thanks for posting mate.
Old 09-17-2022, 06:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Many thanks for this, Péricles. I learned a lot from the text.

Incidentally, I first came to know of the Pulqui as an airplane bubble gum card in the early 1950s. I still have this particular card and it is pinned over my basement workshop.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-bubblegum_card_102_ae-33_pulqui-obverse.jpg   My Scissors and Planes Collection in 1/100 - Take 2-bubblegum_card_102_ae-33_pulqui-reverse.jpg  
Old 09-18-2022, 12:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Thanks my friends! ANd Don nice memorabilia.
Old 09-18-2022, 09:09 PM

Smile Breguet XIX A GR "Margarida"

Finally my model that was allusive to the Brazilian Fatherland Day (September 7th) was ready. It is a unique Breguet XIX A GR Super Bidon. This repaint and conversion over the normal Breguet XIX model was done by my friend Rata. The Breguet XIX GR/TR were special versions of the classic bomber plane specially adapted for long-distance flights (very popular in the interwar period, known in the press at the time as "raids"). Also called Bidon and Super Bidons, the most famous were the christened "Nungesser-Coli" which circumnavigated the earth in 1927/28, the "Point d'Interrogation" which flew from Paris to Manchuria in two days and CASA Bidon "Jesus del Gran Poder" which flew from Madrid to Salvador in 1929. That same year, the Brazilian aviator João Ribeiro Barros, who had made the epic flight with the SM-55 "Jahu" seaplane, acquired a Super Bidon with the intention of making a Brazil-Portugal flight, the plane arrived by sea in 1930 in Rio de Janeiro, receiving the registration of the RAB (Registro Aéreo Brasileiro - Brazilian Air Registry) as P-BAAR and called "Margarida" the name of João Ribeiro's mother. However, with the outbreak of the 1930 Revolution in Brazil, the loyalist authorities confiscated the plane that was used sporadically from Campo dos Afonsos, as a long-range reconnaissance aircraft during this conflict. The Breguet XIXA GR "Margarida" never received registration in the Aviação Militar do Exército (Military Aviation of the Army), but after the revolution of 30, it continued in the hands of the Brazilian Army being used sporadically throughout the 1930s, being finally discharged from this unique and rare aircraft in 1940, unfortunately it has not been preserved.

Rata made extensive modifications to convert the standard model B2/A2 (models in catalog #826-#831), this includes new wing, fairing, mullions, vertical tail. Brazilian painting was a special request of mine made at the height of the Pandemic, at a time of complete Lockdown in Brazil and a lot of sadness here. Thank you my friend!

The construction, although different from the other Breguet XIX that I've already built here, is simple and pleasant, I nominate both this one and the "Point d'Interrogation" that Rata also has for sale at Ecardmodels as good models for those who want to start in the art of biplanes. And another part of Brazilian aeronautical history is on my shelf.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomidefilho View Post
Rata made extensive modifications to convert the standard model B2/A2 (models in catalog #826-#831), this includes new wing, fairing, mullions, vertical tail. Brazilian painting was a special request of mine made at the height of the Pandemic, at a time of complete Lockdown in Brazil and a lot of sadness here. Thank you my friend!
No problem at all Pér. The model looks great.

I'm sure that having a hobby like ours during the period you refer to helped a lot of us to keep our sanity intact.
Old 09-19-2022, 06:59 AM

Really my friend! His Breguet XIX conversion is excellent and fully "buildable", the colors make a difference too.

And your modeling and friendship really made all the difference when facing those difficult times between 2020 and 2021.

Thank you very much!
Old 09-19-2022, 10:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Superb model and wonderful background information!

Don
Old 09-19-2022, 05:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Great model Pericles. I really like those Breguets. Lots of fantastic aviation history was made with them.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:22 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
Superb model and wonderful background information!

Don
Thanks Don I'm glad to show a small pieces of Brazilian Aerial History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butelczynski View Post
Great model Pericles. I really like those Breguets. Lots of fantastic aviation history was made with them.
Indeed Karol, many particular Breguet XIX are full interesting historys. IN the future more planes from this subject are show here.

Thank you!
Old 09-25-2022, 10:10 AM

Smile New model from Midway Battle

Well friends, continuing our projects. Another addition to my Midway collection. A quick and relatively easy model to build (the fuselage needs more attention). The Airplane is a classic and also a classic subject when it comes to the Battle of Midway, Grumman TBF-1 Avenger.

This TBF-1 repainted and improved by our friend Rata is available for free in the downloads section here on the Forum. My model needs paint retouching and finishing with the helix and other small retouches that must be done today.