PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-06-2022, 07:29 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Waiting to see advances of all three of them, very nice choice of models including my S-55 Armada Argentina.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Thank's my friend! New builds soon! :D
Old 11-04-2022, 10:52 PM

Smile

Well friends I start cleaning the models in the trays. This time it's the Ilyushin Il-28 "Beagle". This Soviet bomber, designed in 1947, was in the same category as the NA B-45, English Electric Canberra, and the Sud Aviation Vantour. Smaller than the B-45 and Canberra, the "Beagle" was more versatile and longer-lived than Western aircraft of the same category, and North Korea still operates them as first-rate combat aircraft well into the 21st century. At the height of its operational life, the Il-28 was operated by more than 20 countries, having combat experience in the Arab-Israeli conflicts and in several wars of the so-called "third world". The Il-28 was one of the reasons for the Missile Crisis because it was acquired by Cuba in 1961. Pleasant to fly, simple to maintain, it used two Klimov VK-1 engines (same as the MiG-15), it had many versions but the main ones were the bomber version, the R for reconnaissance, the U for training and the T for launching torpedoes and sea mines. More than 6100 units were produced between the Soviet production and the Chinese produced under license and without a license. The Chinese version was known as Harbin H-/B-5 and had minor modifications and improvements, although the Chinese created local versions for ECM and reconnaissance. The classic mission of the Il-28 was the demolition free-fall bomber, a mission for which this example of the People's Air Force of Vietnam was used during the years of the conflict in Southeast Asia, although in this war the Il-28s of North Vietnam have been little used.

This model was developed from a free Bruno in 1/300 scale by our friend Rata. He did an amazing and competent job adding panel lines to the fuselage and wings, landing gear. The model has some limitations due to scale conversion but in the hands of an experienced modeler it can do a good job. Remembering that this model can be downloaded from the downloads area here on the forum.
Old 11-05-2022, 02:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Looks great Péricles.
I've reduced the series of 'Beagle' repaints to 1/200 to accompany the 1/100 versions that will probably be more friendly to the limitations of Bruno's original 1/300 design.
Old 11-05-2022, 05:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Looks very sharp mate.
Old 11-05-2022, 05:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
That's a good looking plane. I would never have guessed it was upscaled as it looks just right in this scale. Will add to my long-term build list and maybe do it in 1/144.
Old 11-05-2022, 05:38 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Very well done!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 11-05-2022, 10:32 AM

Thanks my friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rata View Post
Looks great Péricles.
I've reduced the series of 'Beagle' repaints to 1/200 to accompany the 1/100 versions that will probably be more friendly to the limitations of Bruno's original 1/300 design.
Thank you my friend! In fact, the model has some limitations, but even in the conversion that expands the scale, they can be solved. The biggest problem is in the nacelles that are not cylindrical, their central section is straight with the cylindrical ends, the root of the connection of the engines with the wings is also absent. The first feature is easy to solve, the second one I solved by making a second impression and cutting "the design" of this root and molding it in the connection. The nose and the rear tower I solved by "forming" the cones, so there is a way to solve the model's limitations, of course, I hope that one day Bruno will make a 1/100 real model of the Beagle. None of this takes away the merits of your work in converting the model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
Looks very sharp mate.
Thanks my friend! I like a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siwi View Post
That's a good looking plane. I would never have guessed it was upscaled as it looks just right in this scale. Will add to my long-term build list and maybe do it in 1/144.
Rata did an excellent job. I think a 1/144 scale would be excellent. I look forward to your construction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texman View Post
Very well done!
Thanks my friend!
Old 12-02-2022, 07:52 AM

Smile

Resume my "Scissors" projects.

Model made last night. This is the DHC-1 Chipmunk primary trainer developed for primary instruction in 1946 by De Havilland Canada to replace the venerable Tiger Moth biplane trainer. It was the main primary training aircraft of the RAF and RCAF in the 50s and 60s, serving in these decades in a large number of countries. This is my fifth Chipmunk, again in RAF colors.

Bruno's original model catalog number #539 like other DHC-1's is a simple to build model that with persistence and practice can be fully built in a couple of hours.
Old 12-02-2022, 11:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.45 GB
Send a message via Yahoo to Sidewinder81777
Very nice! I shall call it Alvin.