PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-05-2024, 09:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Well friends, here are a few advances on the DH-9. I borrowed the Vickers machine gun with its ring from Brent to install on my model. Although there is no photographic evidence, the two Bolivian DH-9s were most likely armed, as they were the first planes to be used by the Bolivians in the Chaco War.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great work, as always!

I have always liked the look of the DH 9.

Don
Old 05-06-2024, 07:01 PM

Thanks Donmore to come...
Old 05-06-2024, 07:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Skype™ to adolfocaetnonetto
Well done!
Old 05-11-2024, 11:06 AM

Thanks my friend!
Old 05-11-2024, 11:10 AM

Last night, I prepared the top wing of the DH-9 with the struts, always looking for the correct alignment and references.

My expectation is to start rigging today and perhaps this weekend to finish this model.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:49 AM

Off Topic

Well friends, again I'm going to ask the administrators for permission and post a little of my current daily life, here, a little of the explanation for my absence in last days.

The state of Rio Grande do Sul in southern Brazil is experiencing a climate tragedy unprecedented in history, it rained in just a few days more than 3 months of rain on average, and as I write this, it continues to rain.

The result of this is that the river basins, especially those in the center of the state and in the valleys, left their beds, causing destruction never seen before.

The consequence of this is that all this water that destroyed the cities on the banks of the rivers reached Guaiba Lake, which has a double function: it behaves both as a large tributary river linked to Lagoa dos Patos (Patos Lagoon) and as an estuary, functioning in this moment as such, it flooded Porto Alegre and the Metropolitan Region.

Imagine a city of tall buildings submerged. That's what's happening here. At this moment the city is collapsing (imagine a metropolis with 2 million inhabitants, 24 satellite cities (the largest of which is densely populated Canoas, as it is an industrial city, with 70% of the area affected) with a perimeter of urban area of 469,000 km²).

There is a lack of food, drinking water, and in some places there is no energy or communication. Suburbs and satellite cities are submerged, the system of dikes and suction pumps could not handle the volume of water that came down from the rivers, so after the destruction in the riverside cities the water entered, flooding landfilled areas and what we call "baixadas". Which are levels of land below Lake Guaiba.

Many friends and co-workers lost everything, their house, car, belongings, some literally only had the clothes on their backs and were rescued by boat or lifted by police, fire, FAB and Navy helicopters. The crazy thing about all this is that Porto Alegre is a city with a good system against flooding and had this issue in its culture and memory. However, they flooded areas that had never been flooded, or some that had not been flooded for 80 to 100 years.

Many places have no power, no drinking water - 80% of the city - (the treatment plants are either submerged or have been turned off as a safety measure). There is still the problem of violence, looting, food shortages in supermarkets. Despite all this bad, the volunteer action is incredible, there are thousands of people donating and helping the homeless. Many rescuing people on the streets that are stranded and turned into rivers with jetskis and fishing or recreational boats.

I and my wife are safe, waiting for the drinking water to return to the pipes (the expectation is that it will happen today), my family (mother, brothers, nephew) fled to the coast (climate refugees), it took them ten hours to get out of the city because of the traffic jams of people fleeing, in a stretch that would take two hours. There are several barrier failures or flooding on the roads, we are isolated, there are only two exits from Porto Alegre today that are congested (scenes from a science fiction film or tragedy) and airport are flooded and close for 30 days. Light aircraft and STOL are using stretches of highway to deliver aid and the runway at the Canoas Air Base that was not flooded is being used to lead an airlift. The Brazilian Navy is moving the helicopter carrier "NAM Atlântico" to Rio Grande in the Lagoa dos Patos bar to serve as a C&C during the crisis, hospital, water treatment and a logistics base.

I stayed here because of my daughters and our pets (we are taking care of everyone in the family). Although I am not directly involved in the volunteer action, I have been helping my former neighbors in the upper part of the city center (which is without electricity and water, but was not flooded) most of them elderly people, we took 100 liters of water from a natural source here Close to home, we shopped, recharged computers, battery banks and cell phones and transported people by car who wanted to leave the central area via the only dry route, to the east and northeast zone, which is high.

I could have posted this offtopic in the right place, but as I know that this topic has good visibility, I chose to leave it here. Two things draw attention and are paradoxical: the first is that being a tragedy caused by water, we are without water for basic purposes and the lack of it is impressive. The second is that here we had real proof of what climate change is doing. I'll leave a few images. We saved ourselves by living high up in the city (Morro Santana Santana Hill is 273 meters above Guaiba level and 325 meters above sea level).

In the latest images, people fleeing Porto Alegre towards the coast, and the helicopters of the response forces, which include several state police, the Uruguayan Air Force, the Brazilian Navy, the Brazilian Federal Police, the Federal Revenue and others, The country is mobilized, and helicopters have been used to save lives, carry out MEDEVAC, SAR, connection, transport, some cities in the metropolitan ring were not hit but are isolated FAB planes drop supplies by parachute.

When we're not helping people, modeling has helped them get through these terrible times.

Thank you for making it this far.
Old 05-11-2024, 04:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Terrible event Péricles. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and reconstruction.
Old 05-11-2024, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
We are thinking of you and your family, as well as all the other people in Brazil who are affected by this disaster.

Don
Old 05-11-2024, 07:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
stay safe and well.