PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-27-2018, 07:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
It's a beautiful model of a beautiful airplane.

I appreciate the clear images and the narrative describing the model and the adjustments you made.

Don
Old 10-27-2018, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.89 GB
Spraying the uncut pages with a clear fixative will help in wiping off excess glue. Just try to spray it on a low humidity day. As far as the size goes, remember everything is bigger in America, apparently including wingspans and exhausts. In reality you are right, it’s a difference between A4 paper and letter size paper. Like the others said, the finished model turned out well. Very well done.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Thank you all for your very kind comments, it really is good to get positive feedback from fellow modellers; as you are all aware, one gets so close to the work and you only get to stand back and take stock of it all on completion. Plus I have noticed that photos - at least at the range I can manage - do tend not to show all the mistakes that are such a concern during construction and seen at really close quarters by the OCD builder!

For further info on the prototype, I found these articles online highly interesting:-

404 - Not Found a set of detail record photos taken just after construction

http://www.fzt.haw-hamburg.de/pers/S...R_Princess.pdf which is a detailed history of the project.

Also, Flight Manuals Online have a scan of contemporary reports produced during the construction of the Princess which include detail photos and drawings; I found the beautifully drawn 3d drawings (all the more remarkable because hand drawn) absolutely fascinating, particularly the "hardening" device for artificially stiffening up the controls as speed increased; a lot of stuff to look through but some really interesting information comes to light, plus a modest price of $9-95 for the download.

Best wishes

Chris
Old 10-27-2018, 09:04 AM

Seems like one of the links hasn't come out for some computery reason; the page I referred to is on the SEAWINGS - The Flying Boat web site website.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
beautiful work.

YOAV
Google Adsense
Old 10-27-2018, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Very well done model.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
A marvelous build of this fabulous Big Bird Chris. Way back in the '50s I was fortunate enough to see her in flight at Farnborough, and on a later visit to IoW, I got to go inside one just before they started cocooning them. It was HUGE!

If y'all fancy building one, but are put off by the size, there is a simpler 1:144 version by Gary Pilsworth in the download section. I haven't built it yet, so I can't show the size of it, but don't forget that the original plane was a giant.

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/v...downloadid=290
Old 10-30-2018, 12:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
And I thought I was the only one that built Murph’s Saunders-Roe. It’s just great to see your beautiful work.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:40 AM

Thanks Papermate, greatly appreciate your kind comments; your beta build was an inspiration to me to have a go at the Princess but I'm afraid I thought that the free spinning props were a bit beyond me!

Murph's Brabazon is next but one to do and again your build of this is really excellent; just started on Gary Pilsworth's Avro Vulcan as a change from civil aircraft.

Best wishes

Chris
Old 10-30-2018, 06:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
Murph's Brabazon is next but one to do and again your build of this is really excellent; just started on Gary Pilsworth's Avro Vulcan as a change from civil aircraft.
You sure like the biggies Chris!