PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-16-2020, 04:48 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile My Oddball, Murph's Models, FG/Murph's Collection at 1/100 scale.

In this topic I will concentrate all my future builds of the models designed by Aaron Murphy, many models from Fiddlers Green were designed for example by Aaron, my intention is to include these, the great catalog of Oddball and Murph's Models, as I have more than 150 models assembled by this prolific friend and designer, the focus will be on future assemblies, including any betas, repaints, models from the current catalog and my mods.

The first model is the Heinkel He 70F-1 in the colors of the Luftwaffe in 1938/39 at the end of its operating life as a first-class aircraft in the German air force.

The Heinkel He 70 was a fast passenger and mail plane and developed in Germany in 1933, to equip Lufthansa, as a fast route airplane using the domestic routes of that company until 1937 and making the first connecting leg in Germany for the routes of South America. From 1935 onwards, military versions for light bomber and reconnaissance were developed. Despite having an outstanding performance during the 1930s and having been used during the Spanish Civil War by the Condor Legion, when the Second World War broke out, the He-70 also called "Blitz" was obsolete, having serious design deficiencies (because it was originally conceived as a civil aircraft) the use of an aluminum alloy called Elektron, highly flammable and difficult to extinguish when it caught fire and the absence of self-sealing tanks left this aircraft highly vulnerable. The Luftwaffe retired all versions of the aircraft from the front-line service in 1940. The Heinkel 170 export version for a Royal Hungarian Air Force using a Gnome-Rohne 14K radial engine was still used for a few years in the Russia campaign, but its vulnerabilities it was taken out of service in 1942. It is noteworthy that the famous naval dive bomber Aichi D3A "Val" was developed influenced by several features of the He-70.

In the next post aspects of build...
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2020, 04:58 PM

Smile Construction Notes about Heinkel 70

Aaron's models are designed to be built on a large scale. However, with a little patience the reduction to small scales is possible, just look at the work of other talented modelers like Papermate and Jan.

The Heinkel 70 presents challenges in the construction of its wings, as they are elliptical and divided into two sides, in addition to the construction of the engine part, because of the formers that transition into complex shapes. This version I put together is a beta of Aaron that needs adjustments to the camouflage, which should be done soon.

I like cutting all pieces and build several subsets before main build,I laminatign the formers and make holes for make positional gluing...

Gluing of sections on fuselage,in the pics my techniques I like guinf the pieces around the formers for meis betterfor made control on gluing process. All formers after cutting are trimmed and sanded for best fitted. Look the hihg angle knife, I use for exclusive task for open abertures on builds...

But the hard of build produce mistakes...

Old 02-16-2020, 04:59 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.76 GB
Nice! Did you use a clear coat on it?
Old 02-16-2020, 05:09 PM

Heinkel 70 wings

Double-sided wings are always a big problem, especially when they are elliptical, it is difficult to reproduce the airfoil and the leading edge curvature. I particularly like to build the bottom face first, but I look with rubbers and forming tools to reproduce the leading edge halves. Gluing to avoid deformation of the paper is done with Uhu glue.

Old 02-16-2020, 05:13 PM

Small Details...

Subsequently we added details such as landing gear, tail nose, antennas, exhaust and propellers. small flaws in the assembly were covered with acrylic paint in the appropriate colors simulating the RLM 70/71 and the blue RLM 65...

Model done.
Google Adsense
Old 02-16-2020, 05:14 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf28386 View Post
Nice! Did you use a clear coat on it?
Thank's

I use a semi matt Acrilex Varnish coat in aerosol.
Old 02-16-2020, 05:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Nice Heinkel.I did a larger version and it was a challenge in places.I'm glad you can do it even smaller.

He-70 wasn't that bad of a plane.It wasn't military plane and like most of conversions it just wasn't what Luftwaffe needed.Spaniards were happy with theirs for long time but those were used mostly for patrol of navigational routes and later for training.Many other bombers very quickly surpassed He-70 in usefulness- Do-17,Ju-86 come to mind and Ju-88 was on horizon as well.

He-70 should have stayed in civil service but even there older Ju-52 proved much more economical in use.Still,it was a groundbreaking design and a stepping stone for Heinkel for He-111,not to mention a very pretty plane
Old 02-16-2020, 08:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
very nice and educational, thanks for sharing!
Old 02-16-2020, 09:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 499.03 MB
Awesome Heinkel!

Wyvern
Old 02-17-2020, 12:39 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.97 GB
Good job, Pericles.
Google Adsense