PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Takumi' s Curtiss R3C-2 Build

Well, before I forget, here's the link:

ペーパークラフト 高橋エコラン実験室-資料

I did this build as a gift and ONLY AFTER I finished rigging it, did I realize that I had put the lower wing on upside down.

Good, Bad, Ugly:

On the plus side, the site has a handy-dandy English link for instant translation.

The designer also put color squares in the corners of each page so that no matter what size paper you have, none of the image will be lost.

I would normally rate this as a "Fiddler's Green" level plane. It has only 3 pages of parts, most of them fairly large.

Now, the problems....

Most of the parts are laid out "against the grain" of the paper.

No parts labeling. You need them all, but it would be much easier for some type of parts label (numbers would be fine).

Small build pics. It would have been helpful for the build pics to be links to larger pictures so that one could see what parts were supposed to look like when glued down (Fig 5, 9, 10 specifically).

Were it not for these small difficulties, it would make for a very quick build. As it is, it is a very nice little model once finished.
Attached Thumbnails
Takumi' s Curtiss R3C-2 Build-bills-biplane-006w.jpg   Takumi' s Curtiss R3C-2 Build-bills-biplane-005w.jpg   Takumi' s Curtiss R3C-2 Build-bills-biplane-004w.jpg   Takumi' s Curtiss R3C-2 Build-bills-biplane-002w.jpg   Takumi' s Curtiss R3C-2 Build-bills-biplane-001w.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-04-2009, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Thanks Armorman for the site and memories..I made the Macchi, it turned out pretty good if I recall, was the one I dipped the floats in melted wax and carefully placed it on the lake for pics.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.06 MB
Hey Armorman, Thanks for the site as well..... I too had built it a couple years ago, switched computer sometime later and lost the site. It's still hangin in here somewhere. Thanks for the site:D

Bob
Old 08-05-2009, 04:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Nice build. Did you rig it as instructed (with a continuous thread), or use individual wires?
Old 08-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Absolute Final Dimensional Contortionist Judicator

Total Downloaded: 398.11 MB
Once I decided that pushing a needle through the card-stock was impractical, I went with individual pieces...
Google Adsense