PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-11-2009, 09:56 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
^^Agreed. I can't see a better use for these.
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 12-12-2009, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.06 GB
Mike, Gobsmacked is no longer any where near appropraite enough for this build, and re work. Sir , do you have a halo of patience hovering over your head? As someone mentioned earlier this is a definite candidate for publishing, i could quite easily see this as a cover article on a modelling magazine. Your work has got one disadvantage though, i think i'm going to pack my stuff away and just watch and learn for the next couple of centuries LOL:D:D
Best wishes
Mick
Old 12-12-2009, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
May I make a couple of points about trying to convert html to pdf. Although there are any number of format converters around that's all they do - convert format. Web pages generally don't convert to books directly very well since the media have quite different properties.

If I were doing this I'd most likely take out the content from the html and put it into something like Publisher. This has lots of advantages of creating good printable layouts but also gives flexibility with images. The Web generally has fairly low res images to match screen resolutions whereas printable quality needs much higher resolutions.

At the end of the process the final product can be saved as .pdf if desired.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 12-12-2009, 09:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieC View Post
May I make a couple of points about trying to convert html to pdf. Although there are any number of format converters around that's all they do - convert format. Web pages generally don't convert to books directly very well since the media have quite different properties.

If I were doing this I'd most likely take out the content from the html and put it into something like Publisher. This has lots of advantages of creating good printable layouts but also gives flexibility with images. The Web generally has fairly low res images to match screen resolutions whereas printable quality needs much higher resolutions.

At the end of the process the final product can be saved as .pdf if desired.

Regards,

Charlie
that is a ditto I think.. :p
Old 12-12-2009, 01:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
This is a fantastic build Mike. I am glad it is being captured for posterity as an invaluable source of tips, tricks and inspiration.

~ Douglas
Old 12-12-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired_for_now View Post
Are you saving the belts for something?
Yogi, it’s funny, I ordered these on a whim, part of an order for other things I was interested in from RB. I wasn’t building anything at the time (hadn’t built anything in a few years as it was), so these were strictly an “impulse” buy. Maybe it’s kismet, good karma, or what have you that they end up in this build….

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe View Post
Your work has got one disadvantage though, i think i'm going to pack my stuff away and just watch and learn for the next couple of centuries
Mick, I know you’re only joking, but I hope this silliness actually inspires you to build MORE.

Back to forward motion on this thing. I have to hand it to Mr. Brinzan, his seat belt sets are pretty neat. An absolute pain to put together, but a real boost to a model when installed. Have a look:

Now for nav’s seat….

Mike

Last edited by Bomarc; 12-12-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 86.88 MB
wow mike
the belts look fantastic thanks for that im posting an order for them today
very realistic
Old 12-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smyfe
Your work has got one disadvantage though, i think i'm going to pack my stuff away and just watch and learn for the next couple of centuries
Mike, you just keep raising the bar but watch out buddy...we're gonna catch up sooner or later! Seriously...it's this kind of workmanship that makes me and I'm sure alot of us want to keep on modeling and get better and better. What makes you special is that you seem to take pleasure in passing on your skills to us mere mortals with your great tutorials and written narrative.

Thanks man!
Ron
Old 12-12-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron0909 View Post
Mike, you just keep raising the bar but watch out buddy...we're gonna catch up sooner or later!
Ron, I've no doubt you will. In fact, I think you already have with that Panther tank thingy of yours (what? It doesn't fly? What's up with that?).

Keep building everyone...

Mike
Old 12-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 112.72 MB
Having looked at the damn things in my lap for many, many years and hours, Mr Brinzan got them right - and you certainly did them justice.

Yogi