PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 12-22-2020, 07:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
So the 1:33 version of the Stranraer KA-A is finished, but I won't publish it yet because I want to rework the instructions to fit the new cutting of the parts, specially the new four bladed propellers.

The next version, CF-BYM Pacific Western Airlines, 1:33 scale, is almost ready. The central gunner hole has been covered, the changes to the interwings struts done, and just some virtual paint to the fuselage and registration remains. I expected to finish it today, but I'm leaving in a few to enjoy the 24 with my family, so it can't be.

My phisical Stranraer... I haven't touch it. Too busy. I'm sure if I stop everything I'll finish the wiring in two hours, but... busy.

Merry Christmas and happy new year 2021! I'm still proposing to give back the year 2020 and ask for a refund!
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-dcocover-ka-33.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-cf-bym-0000023361.jpg  
Old 12-22-2020, 07:08 PM

And the Supermarine Stranraer CF-BYM from Pacific Western, 1:33 scale, is ready, just like the KA-A.
I haven't place them in ecardmodels or papercraft universe because nobody has assembled them. I'm waiting for two persons to do it.
But if somebody want to buy it and be the first, just write me.
So... five versions of the Stranraer done. Once I publish them in both scales, I'll start with the SM-64 Navaho. Or a very special and atractive 1914 biplane that nobody has done before. Another canadian hidro, and it's not a trend!
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-dcocover-stranraer-pacific-western-1-33.jpg  
Old 12-27-2020, 12:29 PM

Uff! Two days with internet problems at national scale.
Anyway.
The last Stranraer of the 1/33 batch is finished. Some has been sold, but I'm not publishing them to ecardmodels or papercraft universe until I rebuild the instructions to the new scale. I mean, the 1/72 are aceptable, but the wings, for example, were split, and the fuselaje has a new part.
So, I'll take a few days to rework the instructions. Of course, if you can't wait just call me.
Building a paper plane with good quality is not so simple. For example, I've build 4 versions at 1/72 scale and 3 more at 1/33 scale. There are two different engine cowls, two different engine struts, three different propelers and the dorsal gunner placement will be covered if the plane is for civilian use.
It gives a total of 24 variations (plus the paint, of course).
Happy new year 2021 and I wish that the new year bring us all the good things that we would had loved to have this year!
Health, happines and travels, love and reuniting with your loved ones!
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-cover.jpg  
Old 01-01-2021, 10:22 AM

Well, today, thanks to the first blackout of the year 2021, I finished the wiring of my phisical Supermarine Stranraer, including the antenae and its mast.

I gave it the last layer of paint too, removing the "brush stripes" that were seen in parts of the plane until this morning. Stripes and patchs that the real plane could have had, because brushes were used in WWII and the sun and salt had the tendence of lightening the paint, so new layers were seen as darker patchs.

Another weathering effect that I could had used is a darker stripe of filth depicting were the water line must be, and some aluminiun scratchs near the bow of the plane and were the forward hatch is. Could had paint them, but I'm happy how it is, so I won't do it.

About the models on sale, the trio of 1/33 versions are uploaded and waiting to be approved by ecardmodels and papercraft universe. So, happy new year! Enjoy your Stranraers!
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-161-.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-162-.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-163-.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-164-.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-165-.jpg  

Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-166-.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-167-.jpg   Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-stranraer-168-.jpg  
Old 01-01-2021, 10:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 20.52 MB
Supermarine Stranraer

Hi Draco
It's a beaut !! Thanks for sharing your model to us
Your end results paid off.
Next Build ??
Google Adsense
Old 01-01-2021, 11:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Draco

Is there a set of photos for your final version?

I see the beta build and also the hand painted model, but not the final computer rendered one built?

Isaac
Old 01-04-2021, 10:31 AM

Thanks, hrogers!
My next build is a G-26 Navaho, already a new thread here, and next, a Heinkel 115, that is going to be for sale too!

Isaac, there is a friend assembling a final 1/72 model, and another one assembling a 1/33 one. Both promised me pictures of the assembly, but it seems that christmas went in the middle. I am personally looking for a store with a color printer, but here in Venezuela is a bit difficult to find with the quarantine. I'm planing to keep searching for an open store next week (this one is total quarantine, there won't be any)
Old 01-17-2021, 05:09 PM

Today I just uploaded in Ecardmodels the 1:33 version of Supermarine Stranraer 240 Sqn RAF.
Tomorrow I hope to find color ink to print and start the assembly of the 1:33 Stranraer on the Pacific Western livery
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-dcocover-bn-l-1-33.jpg  
Old 07-26-2021, 10:27 AM

Just browsing old threads.
Here is a summary of all the published versions of the Supermarine Stranraer.
You can find them in ecardmodels.
Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Supermarine Stranraer scratchbuild, 1:72-xcover2.jpg  
Old 07-26-2021, 12:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.10 GB
Incredible, Draco!

Dave
Google Adsense