PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 08-11-2020, 04:28 AM

Location: One of the most beutifull place on earth - Zur Hadassa, place neer Jerusalem.
Total Downloaded: 1.86 GB
Back from the hystory part III

This is the last model from the 3 that wait on the roof for renew, this time Aviromodel Sikorsky S-55, the IAF version like to the WHM model, this time it's not only renew by repaint. at this model I try to re-color it to match IAF schema and also make it looks like the helicopter that use to be on the roof of the squadron building and now locate after rework in the Israeli's air force museum. as well this model printed after the repaint 2 pages on one and the scale is ~1:83.actualy the model as WHM original quite good and easy to build, the parts joining together very good but since it's civilian helicopter not fully sure about the match to the military one, one day maybe I'll try to get pictures from the 50's and try to make it more realistic.
Attached Thumbnails
Back from the hystory part III-dscn0080.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0081.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0082.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0083.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0084.jpg  

Google Adsense
Old 08-11-2020, 08:06 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
You have done a great job on what is a very tricky fuselage to model in paper!
Old 08-15-2020, 02:46 AM

Location: One of the most beutifull place on earth - Zur Hadassa, place neer Jerusalem.
Close to finished

this is simple model after all, some changes made to the lending gear, round the parts and replace the front gears with paper instead of wooden part. now need to finished the rotor and scratch build of lifting crane.
Attached Thumbnails
Back from the hystory part III-dscn0085.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0086.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0087.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0088.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0089.jpg  

Back from the hystory part III-dscn0090.jpg  
Old 08-15-2020, 05:06 AM

Location: The thriving metropolis of Wappingers Falls, NY, USA
Total Downloaded: 127.35 MB
This built up into a nice looking model. The blue and tan Israeli camo is very eye catching.
Old 08-15-2020, 09:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 912.66 MB
Very nice work. The camo looks great.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense
Old 08-21-2020, 03:14 AM

Final

Finished model, add crane from scratch build. this was build that try to match picture from IAF museum and keep the original of the model as it use to be ~60 years ago. As always, WHM models last for long and you can get very nice results wwith minimum improve design need.
Attached Thumbnails
Back from the hystory part III-dscn0091.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0092.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0093.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0094.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0095.jpg  

Old 08-22-2020, 08:19 AM

Friend אם איק S-55

In the IAF muzeum the S-55 stend neer the S-58 that replace him, I took from the doenwload section one of Bruno recolors of this helikopter made by somone (Sorry I don't remember the name - but thanks to him anyway) and recolor it to IAF schema. actualy done it before to 1:300 scale, this time get 1:118 scale. now I have both 2 first Sikorsky helikopter in the IAF as thiy present today in the museum.
Attached Thumbnails
Back from the hystory part III-dscn0096.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0097.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0098.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0099.jpg   Back from the hystory part III-dscn0100.jpg  

Old 08-22-2020, 08:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
Those are very nice models. Good job!