PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-30-2021, 11:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very interesting!
Thank you for sharing about this important type.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Very interesting!
Thank you for sharing about this important type.
My pleasure!
Old 07-03-2021, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 431.89 MB
Nice job I like it!
Old 07-03-2021, 08:08 PM

Smile

Thanks More planes incoming soon!
Old 07-04-2021, 12:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 431.89 MB
It looks cute i wish i added that plane to my collection
Google Adsense
Old 07-04-2021, 09:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Spectacular Pericles constructions !! I have printed the Vultee for a long time and it is always being relegated along with many others. In a few weeks we will return to the wings and it is time to start building these relegated ones.
Old 07-04-2021, 11:28 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew rivera View Post
It looks cute i wish i added that plane to my collection
You are welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalssergio155 View Post
Spectacular Pericles constructions !! I have printed the Vultee for a long time and it is always being relegated along with many others. In a few weeks we will return to the wings and it is time to start building these relegated ones.
Great news Sergio! I'm glad to see you marvelous work.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:34 PM

Smile Number 8 - Focke Wuf FW-58 Weihe - Aviação Naval

THE Focke-Wulf Fw 58 IN BRAZILIAN NAVAL AVIATION

Brazilian Naval Aviation, in the mid-1930s, took care of a twin-engine aircraft to meet its needs in supporting the Squadron, training its crews, as well as carrying out Naval Air Mail missions.

The proposed solution would be to manufacture in Brazil, under license, an aircraft that would meet these needs. After several studies, the aircraft chosen was the Fw 58 Weihe, which was part of a “package” for the acquisition of German training aircraft, which included the Fw 44 Stieglitz as a primary trainer, the Fw 56 Stösser as a basic and aerobatic trainer and the Fw 58 Weihe as twin-engine and bombing trainer.

Due to the beginning of the Second World War in 1939, this package was only partially fulfilled, as the Stösser were never produced in Brazil, however, the Fw 58 program began immediately, as in July 1937, it arrived in Rio January saw the first Fw 58-B2, which would be assembled at the General Naval Aviation Workshops – OGAvN, as well as the components of ten more aircraft, which would be assembled by Brazilians, under the supervision of German technicians.

The first aircraft assembled in Brazil, which was registered as D2Fw-147 in Naval Aviation, was designed as the prototype of the Brazilian Fw 58-B2 and served as a template for the assembly of other aircraft, as well as for the familiarization and training of pilots. and Naval Aviation mechanics, being promptly presented to the public and authorities on July 30, 1937.

The other ten planes that were boxed immediately went through the assembly process and on April 20, 1938, the first Fw 58-B2 from that batch was officially delivered for operation, and on October 4 of the same year, the last communication of the batch of ten was officially incorporated into Brazilian Naval Aviation.

These aircraft received registration numbers D2Fw-168 to D2Fw-177, being destined for the Second Military Training Squadron – 2nd EAM, where they were used as advanced trainers for crews, aerial photogrammetry, navigation and others. This designation follows the following Naval Aviation formalities: D2FW-168: D = General Employment, 2 = Second model from that manufacturer, Fw = Focke-Wulf and 168 = The number of the aircraft within its series.

As a curiosity, in addition to the registration number, the numbering system of the Navy's Fw 58 aircraft had the serial numbers, relating to the squadron they had, painted on their fuselage, in large dimensions and bearing the standard aluminum color of Navy aircraft at that time. Thus, the registration plates of the first aircraft of the Second Military Training Squadron were initially painted with 2-EAM-1 to 2-EAM-8, which meant: 2 = Second Squadron, EAM = Military Training Squadron and 1 to 8 = was the aircraft number in the squadron. Later, this numbering was replaced by the 2-V-1 to 2-V-11 system, with V = Training and the registration sequence was not necessarily followed (this registration scheme was copied from that used by the U.S. Navy, with the Argentine Naval Aviation uses it to this day).

After the completion of the construction of the first series of aircraft, which were assembled at OGAvN, the second phase of the project continued, which envisaged the manufacture of another 25 aircraft, these using numerous components produced in Brazil, such as wood plywood, tires, propellers, brakes, etc.

These aircraft were designated as V2AvN by the Navy and Fw 58-V9 by the factory, being registered from V2AvN-209 to V2AvN-223, where: V = Training, 2 = Second model produced by OGAvN and AvN = Manufacturer's designation (Naval Aviation) . This designation system sought to differentiate the aircraft assembled in the first batch from those manufactured with components and parts produced in Brazil.

The production work on these aircraft began at an intense pace and, on May 8, 1940, the first aircraft produced in Brazil made its inaugural flight, with its pilots being naval aviator lieutenants Sampaio and Menezes.

The following month, this aircraft undertook a pioneering trip to Santos and Florianópolis, where it proved to be slower than the previous version, given the greater weight of the national wood used in its manufacture, in addition to the numerous changes it incorporated, such as monotelescopic landing, access door in the upper part of the wing on the left side and painted in the naval gray pattern of German training aircraft (RLM 63 Hellgrau).

The operation of the Fw 58 in Naval Aviation ended on January 20, 1941, as a result of the creation of the Ministry of Aeronautics, with the consequent delivery of the Navy's aircraft to the new Force, and up to that moment three had been manufactured. Fw 58-V9 series aircraft.

In the future I will build the version made in Brazil in FAB colors and then I will talk about the second part of the operation of this plane in Brazil.

This is one of my oldest models from the 1/100 collection, it was built in 2006, and the design is by Carlos Augusto Liberato (the same designer as the Vultee V-11GB), despite being a freebie, this model disappeared from the internet sometime ago. many years, if the administration allows it I will upload it to the downloads area.
Old 11-27-2023, 01:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
Very nice, hopefully it would be available. I think this is the only FW 58 in paper. So many possibilities!
Old 11-27-2023, 08:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
I am enjoying learning about these historic Brazilian aircraft, and I always seeing your superbly crafted models.

Don
Google Adsense