PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-12-2021, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.87 GB
Hi Chris, thanks for your quick answer. I decided to take another direction in creating the cowling. Realising the sanding would take me a lot of time - and would probably run the risk of being a little irregular, I decided to make a shallow cone-shaped ring which follows the contour of the cowling you made.
I used this calculator on Payloadbay.com to create a perfect fitting cowling front for me. The resulting PDf could be used 1:1 with the model. I copied it a couple of times on a new A4 sheet and coloured it using the colour you used on the model. (I'll add the shape as a file to this comment).

I also took the liberty of repositioning the propellers so I could fold the front parts and end parts together on just one sheet of paper, so all of them were backed in one go, ready for cutting out. I made one complete engine set as a test, ready for attaching to the wing section. (without the bulge part on top, which will be added after that) The propeller can spin, they rotate on a sewing pin which is built in inside the cowling. The ins and outs on that, I will be showing later on in my thread.
Also here, a preview of the result. Of course, the extreme close-up causes the tiniest blemishes to appear as if they are huge mistakes, in reality it looks quite all right. (-:
Attached Thumbnails
Fokker F36 scratch build 1/100 scale-p1140810.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf engine cowling FXXXVI.pdf (3.0 KB, 15 views)