PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-08-2021, 03:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Good work Dan, looking very good. Looking forward to seeing the wheels !

Regards,
Erik
Old 02-08-2021, 04:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Amazing results from a lot of meticulous crafting, wow.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
Those landing gear are nicely detailed. Well done, Dan.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Old 02-11-2021, 11:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thank you Erik, Mike and Gary! Still just plugging along.
Erik: I'm working on the wheels now. I also can't wait until she's on her own two feet. It may snow here starting tonight and we have a 3 day holiday weekend in the States so maybe I can make a good push. A few millimeters of snow in the Seattle/Tacoma area = complete paralysis and shut down! Yay. I'm used to the several inches to feet of snow in the midwest of the country and not getting shut down too much. I'll take it, though!

I finally got the landing gear area completed. One of the petals fit great while the other was off but I fixed it with some paper filler. Both petals themselves when fine, but the fit issue was adding one to the rest of the structure. Looks ok but I have to say I'm glad that part is done. It required lots of test fitting (which I don't mind) but it was really hard to even understand where the parts actually fit. Plus, I still have no idea where one of the parts actually was supposed to go. In the end, it looks fine but I did some Dan-ology that wasn't in the kit so...be warned! Or you will understand it better than I. This was the toughest part of the kit so far. Phew...

Thanks for looking,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6330.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6332.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6333.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6337.jpg  
Old 02-12-2021, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 37.67 MB
Hi Dan, that looks like a complicated landing gear and bay. During strut retraction, it rotated, otherwise the wheels didn't fit in the wells. Think you handled it well. How's the attachment of the struts to the wings in fact as this is usually the weakest point in a model's landing gear construction?

A few millimeters of snow in the Seattle/Tacoma area = complete paralysis and shut down!. Are you sure you don't live in The Netherlands??? Over here the same situation. "Two snow flakes meet on their journey from Russia to Europe. Where are you heading to, the one asks the other. Going to Switzerland, for enjoyment of all out on the skiing slopes. And you? Oh, well, I'm going to The Netherlands to create havoc on the roads!"

Anyway, no complaining. Just came back from a nice hour of ice skating with my sons - two more days or so before temperatures are above 0degC again and then the fun is over.

Cheers,
Erik
Google Adsense
Old 02-12-2021, 02:31 PM

Hi Erik,

The actual landing gear is nice and strong and well-mounted. My difficulty was trying to figure out where all those little pieces that formed the fairings etc. on the underside of the wing actually fit. The pictures are great but sometimes a little dark or lack a certain definition so parts placement was tenuous for some of it. Again, it all worked out so I'm happy!

My mother in law grew up in Den Haag. She always talks about how much fun it was skating on canals in Holland and really misses it. It's great you had so much fun with your children. Building those memories is soooooo important!

More soon,
Dan
Old 02-13-2021, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Looks like tht undercarriage was a real challenge, Dan. The final result looks good and sturdy.

Don
Old 02-13-2021, 11:47 PM

Thank you so much, Don. And today's meeting was fun as usual.

I got the tires done and full of Libyan dirt (pastels) and flattened one side so she sits on the ground with a bit of heft. This tends to look better than leaving the tires completely round since the model can look sort of like it's floating. I also added some brake lines based on pictures I cobbled together on the interwebs. It's nice the have the gear all completed.

Prop tomorrow! Thanks for looking,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6341.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6342.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6343.jpg   Halinski Curtiss Tomahawk IIB: A slow but steady build-img_6345.jpg  
Old 02-14-2021, 06:42 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Excellent work again Dan.

What's that I see?

The finish is near!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 02-14-2021, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 935.52 MB
She looks great with her legs on, Dan. Very nice work.

Gary

Design Group Alpha
https://ecardmodels.com/vendors/design-group-alpha
Google Adsense