PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 03-19-2021, 09:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Cool NorthWest version

I came across this version of NorthWest airlines on the web ( from the late 90's ). Mostly grey with a red top. The shorty DC-9 were also painted similarly. I think those are attractive colors.

CRJ-200 regional jet 1/72 Gary's repaint-northwest-2.jpg

CRJ-200 regional jet 1/72 Gary's repaint-northwest.jpg

I remember flying those between Detroit to Cincinnati during my flights back and forth to Korea.

endless color schemes........

but for now, I started building the Mig-17 ( new repaint ). Info soon in a separate build log.

Isaac
Old 07-02-2021, 10:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 431.89 MB
When will this model be released?
Old 07-03-2021, 09:24 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew rivera View Post
When will this model be released?
This is a Skyline model that was released many years ago, but is no longer available since the designer is not an active seller. The repaint is for private use and is not sharable. Sorry.

Isaac
Old 07-06-2021, 01:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 42.73 MB
You are a bit wrong on the timetable. The CRJ was developed after Canadair was taken over by Bombardier, I don't know about the pricing of the CRJ family, but it sold well for 20+ years. Bombardier got into financial difficulties due to the development of the CS100, and was forced to give it to Airbus. Now it keeps only the business jet division.
I have worked on the conversion of the Challenger into the CRJ in 1989
Old 07-06-2021, 04:20 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetman View Post
You are a bit wrong on the timetable. The CRJ was developed after Canadair was taken over by Bombardier, I don't know about the pricing of the CRJ family, but it sold well for 20+ years. Bombardier got into financial difficulties due to the development of the CS100, and was forced to give it to Airbus. Now it keeps only the business jet division.
I have worked on the conversion of the Challenger into the CRJ in 1989
Actually, I am not wrong. Canadair and Bombardier ( BA ) really did sell the CRJ well for 20+ year. However, they sold it at a loss. Canadair was not viable since they flooded the regional jet market with lower cost than manufacturing this plane for the sake of market share rather than profit. Then the Canadian government "gave " the business to Bombardier which had no experience in aviation ( they even screwed up the train and tram business they had ) and continued the market share approach instead of profit.

The CS100 was a brain child of an outsider CEO ( Alain Bellemare ) that thought he could compete with Boeing and Airbus on the lower end of the passenger capacity. Once again, that thought and poor execution proved faulty and the Quebec government pumped over a Billion+ $$ to fix the company and the project. At the end, the project was scooped up for pennies on the dollar by Airbus.
The inside story behind the bungled Bombardier C Series

Th C series was after the CRJ and was not the cause of the failure of that program. However the common thread is that Canadair and BA really had no good plans for profitability. They created cash cows that was finally "slaughtered".

I was stationed at Bombardier Downsview airport on the Global 7000 program when this faulty bail out deal was going on. Dejavu all over again. And now BA is out of the airliner and regional business ( they sold the the Turboprop Dash 400 to the Japanese ). Now BA only has the business jet operation because at least you can sell each at a profit and have after market service agreements.

Hope this helps.

Isaac
Google Adsense
Old 07-06-2021, 07:29 PM

A further clarification to the above :

BA when they took over Canadair did launch the CRJ. However all the basic info was gotten from Canadair as a good idea of converting the Challenger business jet to a regional jet. However, Canadair had no experience in the RJ field and BA was even worse.

The moral of the story is that having only a market share is not the only criteria for success. making a profit and continued investments in the future with the proper aircraft are.

And no, I never did work for BA. I supported the Global 7000 program on the engine side, but could see their management not able to make good decisions.

In any case, lets build models.

Isaac
Old 07-19-2021, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
May I ask something , which is , where do I get the skyline models if I would like to get one of the models? Like for an example , like the 767 or the Bombardier CRJ

Kind regards , Crew C37
Old 07-19-2021, 08:18 AM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew c37 View Post
May I ask something , which is , where do I get the skyline models if I would like to get one of the models? Like for an example , like the 767 or the Bombardier CRJ

Kind regards , Crew C37
Since he no longer has an active website nor lists his models on any other site, I don't know of any way to purchase them today. In addition he does not seem to respond.

Isaac
Old 07-26-2021, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 622.12 MB
WOW! beautiful, the CRJ is so detailed and realistic NICE WORK ISAAC!!!
Old 07-27-2021, 05:57 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Bird 112 View Post
WOW! beautiful, the CRJ is so detailed and realistic NICE WORK ISAAC!!!
Thank you

I wish the model was available for sale again. I don't know why the designer could not just make it available on other sites like ecards which require no personal web site or maintenance.

Regards

Isaac
Google Adsense