PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 04-25-2021, 10:28 AM

Total Downloaded: 158.97 MB
Thanks, WAGliderGuy!

Well, I started to work from all the 3d drawings that you can find in the web. BUT they are not consistent betweem them. If I weren't detallist, I could just take one of them and ready. But, I'll take the hardest path and start to compare detail and detail against the pictures of the real plane.
The model will have both pilot cockpit and passenger seats, or at least a standard configuration, because ANY airline had its own distribution, as you can see here.
By the way, how can I remove the interrogation sign from the thread name? I'll like that it said "New DC-9 - MD series", without question.
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-10.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-10-seats.jpg   New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-15-seats.jpg  
Old 04-25-2021, 02:26 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Taken care of as requested.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 04-26-2021, 04:51 PM

Thanks!
Well, making comparations with some pictures, I confirmed that the more realistec drawings I have are the ones I used for my "Historic Jetliners Group" for Flight Simulator.
I means, too, that my paper model can have MORE details that a normal picture. For example, if you see the rectangular exaust under the first windows, it exist in the picture, too, but hardly visible. You can see, too, that the first window is closed, probably for a closet as shows my previous post.
I'll like to make this DC-9-10 as good as I can, including dust and oil, because it will be the base of all the series, just adding seats and doors. Another example: the only external difference that I have found between the DC-9-10 and -15 is another set of doors over the window. Wikipedia doesn't agree with me, but so far the pictures do it.
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-14-laser.jpg  
Old 04-27-2021, 03:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
Thanks!
Well, making comparations with some pictures, I confirmed that the more realistec drawings I have are the ones I used for my "Historic Jetliners Group" for Flight Simulator.
I means, too, that my paper model can have MORE details that a normal picture. For example, if you see the rectangular exaust under the first windows, it exist in the picture, too, but hardly visible. You can see, too, that the first window is closed, probably for a closet as shows my previous post.
I'll like to make this DC-9-10 as good as I can, including dust and oil, because it will be the base of all the series, just adding seats and doors. Another example: the only external difference that I have found between the DC-9-10 and -15 is another set of doors over the window. Wikipedia doesn't agree with me, but so far the pictures do it.
I look forward to your upcoming MD80 model
Old 05-01-2021, 03:18 PM

Thanks, crew_c37!

And... perfect!.
After two months of suffering, at last I could reload the black carthridge of the printer.
And, printed the first test of the DC-9-14 fuselage. The windows are going to be filled in the "easy" version, but you'll have to cut them in the "expert" one, where you'll see the passengers seats.
This test will be made at scale 1:100, once finished, I'll reprint (and paint) it at 1:72 scale. It's going to be the biggest plane I'll have done except the Blackbird.
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-dsc06898.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 05-03-2021, 12:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 73.24 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco View Post
Thanks, crew_c37!

And... perfect!.
After two months of suffering, at last I could reload the black carthridge of the printer.
And, printed the first test of the DC-9-14 fuselage. The windows are going to be filled in the "easy" version, but you'll have to cut them in the "expert" one, where you'll see the passengers seats.
This test will be made at scale 1:100, once finished, I'll reprint (and paint) it at 1:72 scale. It's going to be the biggest plane I'll have done except the Blackbird.
The attention to detail in your models are gold
Old 05-03-2021, 07:03 AM

Location: Tultepec,Estado de México; about 30 Km to downtown Mexico, City
Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Which will be the cost of this planes?
Old 05-03-2021, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertony100 View Post
Which will be the cost of this planes?
I'm not sure. It will be less than the 6$ of my Stranraer and He115, but there will be two versions of the plane, easy and expert. I'm thinking to make the expert version like an add-on that can be bought separately for each kind of plane.
I mean, for example: The DC-9-14 will come in... two easy liveries (at first) plus a conversion kit with the pilot and passenger cockpits. You could buy any or all of the easy versions, plus just one conversion kit.
Same with the Md-81 / 82, the conversion kit will be the same for the duck tail and the original one, and for any of the liveries released.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:38 PM

Not so much advance in the real word, but more of it in the virtual one. And I've been busy working hard, too.

Anyway, it's possible that I split this thread in two; one depicting the easy model, another one depicting the expert version.

The easy version will have traditional inner reinforcements of cardboard. The expert one will use transparent acetate, that wil allow to see the inside of the passengers cockpit, and a system to split easily the fuselage. In fact, the picture shows the acetate reinforcement with the "cargo deck" filled.
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-dc-9-dsc06922.jpg  
Old 05-08-2021, 09:20 AM

An example of the virtual advances of the plane.
Here, a wing is being drawn, and using pictures as reference (the one of the YV-15C is mine) a layer of dust is being applied.
Right now all the main parts of the DC-9-10 are drawn at 1/100 scale, and once the elevator is designed, they will be printed and tested to ensure the right size and "feeling".
BTY, when I took the picture, I ensured to show the moment when the brakes and flaps "break" the wing, letting see the runway. This effect is stronger in the 727, and I loved when it happened.
Attached Thumbnails
New DC-9 - MD series-nueva-imagen-de-mapa-de-bits.jpg  
Google Adsense