PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 11-10-2021, 01:49 AM

Total Downloaded: 2.96 GB
YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)

Dear All:
This is the YS-11 designed by Mic-Chan from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC). Originally released to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the opening of the TSMC website in February 2019. This one is an unreleased (yet) Japanese Coast Guard model. I have to say that the original model in 1/100 has a stupendous graphic design, and all the imperfections on this build are due to the modeler, not the designer. Nevertheless, the model is so good that stand a reduction of 25% to my favorite scale 1/400. I did glued digitally the wings and fuselage to prevent misalignments and left out some very tiny parts. Before I installed the landing gear and the props, I wanted to take a few pictures in-flight. I hope you enjoy this WIP.
Attached Thumbnails
YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-01.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-02.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-03.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-04.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-05.jpg  

YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-06.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-07.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-08.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-ys-09.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 11-10-2021, 04:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Beautiful job, Pablo! And thanks for letting us know about the appearance of this model.

I intend to build it (but NOT at 1/400).

Seeing the YS-11 always reminds me of the hijacking of a Korean Air Lines YS-11 in December 1969. I was studying Korean at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California, at the time and it was a topic of conversation among us.

Don
Old 11-11-2021, 12:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Looks like great addition Pablo. If I did try it, I'll echo Don in saying it would be 1/100. I'll leave the microsurgery to builders like you thanks!
Old 11-11-2021, 02:42 PM

Thank you Don and Garry for dropping by.

There are a number of YS-11 models mostly from Japanese designers; from the simplified Airigami, the flyable Ojimak, some other flyable and non-flyable models. But for static models I like the TSMC due to their superb graphics.

I had no clue about the incident with North Korea and the permanent abduction of the crew an some of the passengers. There are many incidents between these neighbors that we don't know.

Some time ago I saw a very interesting film in Netflix about one naval clash between them based on the real-life events of the Second Battle of Yeonpyeong. Now its available in Youtube:
Northern Limit Line - YouTube
Old 11-11-2021, 04:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.56 GB
That's a very nice build, Pablo. Congrats!
Old 11-12-2021, 09:55 PM

Thank you Carlos for stoping by.

Finally, I added the propellers and the landing gear.
I already have a few Japanese Coast Guard aircraft and this one is a very welcome addition to my collection.

ps: I will try to focus in the patrol aircraft that I already started, let's see.
Attached Thumbnails
YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3432.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3433.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3434.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3435.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3436.jpg  

YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3437.jpg   YS-11 from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC)-pict3438.jpg  
Old 11-13-2021, 08:47 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Great little diorama!

Don
Old 11-13-2021, 10:13 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
I had no clue about the incident with North Korea and the permanent abduction of the crew and some of the passengers.
I was unaware of this incident as well.

How sad they have been forgotten about over the last 40 odd years...

-------------------------

That's a super little model - and I like it posed in flight and with the buildings!
Old 11-13-2021, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 871.99 MB
Neat display Pablo. Great attention to detail mate.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 622.12 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireandpaper View Post
Dear All:
This is the YS-11 designed by Mic-Chan from the Tokyo Solid Model Club (TSMC). Originally released to commemorate the 10th anniversary of the opening of the TSMC website in February 2019. This one is an unreleased (yet) Japanese Coast Guard model. I have to say that the original model in 1/100 has a stupendous graphic design, and all the imperfections on this build are due to the modeler, not the designer. Nevertheless, the model is so good that stand a reduction of 25% to my favorite scale 1/400. I did glued digitally the wings and fuselage to prevent misalignments and left out some very tiny parts. Before I installed the landing gear and the props, I wanted to take a few pictures in-flight. I hope you enjoy this WIP.

I really want to see it with wheels! Very Excellent job