PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 10-22-2022, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.77 MB
Airco DH 2 by Modelik or not?

Hey squadron, I got the Modelik model for the Airco DH2. I have one other Modelik kit where all the pages of the model are stapled together like a magazine. The one I got this week are loose pages which came tightly packed into a plastic sleeve causing the pages to warp a bit but should have no effect on the model itself. Notice the printing registration being off on the front page if you look at the name of the kit. Printing is excellent throughout the kit once you go inside. On the other Modelik kit I have the front page is glossy like a magazine. The one I got this week has a dull or matte finish. Did I mention that this week's kit came from China?
Can anyone shed light on my investigation?
Attached Thumbnails
Airco DH 2 by Modelik or not?-20221022_015928.jpg   Airco DH 2 by Modelik or not?-20221022_015955.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 10-22-2022, 08:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 50.77 MB
An email from Modelik stated that I likely bought a bootleg. I emailed the ebay seller demanding full refund and will alert ebay although I doubt they will care. I fell bad that I didn't see something that should have been so obvious. I hope that this post will remind people to look carefully at the stuff you buy from China.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
I was gonna say you got a pirated copy.

Greg
Old 10-23-2022, 01:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Might be worth adding that whist browsing ebay last week I came across a seller of paper model kits who uploads full scans of the part sheets in fairly good resolution with no watermarks in their item description photos. I don't believe they are selling pirate copies themselves, but they doing a lot of the pirates' work for them.