PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-06-2023, 06:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petestein View Post
One of the best ways of helping the assembly of almost any card model is to number all the parts in the assembling order. Several printers apply this method with their models, case in point: GELI and also some Schreiber and almost all WHM models. They also include a general assembly references for constructing the models such as different types of lines, what parts have to be glued to stiff cardboard etc.

TSMC (Miku) does this as well and it's a great help along with the build photos on his site. In fact if you have construction photos simply annotating them with notes can often provide perfectly clear instructions.
Old 05-06-2023, 10:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 92.57 MB
Congratulations on your project it looks really cool and organizing the parts ect to make it understandable is so hard to do after all that work, especially when one starts thinking about the next project it's hard to revisit.....I think you did just great on this with a beautiful flying boat from the coolest era (to me)
Old 05-07-2023, 06:43 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Once again, thanks to all who have shown an interest in, and appreciation of, my project!

As I - sort of - promised, the 15 A4 drawings are now in a state for publishing, together with a sheet of notes for builders, setting out what is on each sheet, what types of card and paper are needed for which components and various aspects of construction needing some further explanation.

I have assumed that anyone building this will be quite experienced in our craft and able to fully use the photographic information on the internet to assist in construction; I spent a great deal of time in this way developing the model and there is just about enough out there for it to be doable.

The photos in the build thread show how the basic construction, formers etc. works but I can take additional photos on request and put them on the site. Sadly, my intention to include the photos in the builders' notes is just beyond me, especially as the Notepad program I used to use for documents is no more and so the notes were written as a gmail and the text copied off and pasted into the Draftsight drawing. I'm sure there's an easier way that this should be done but, like many another computer technique, it proved unreachable!

That's the easy bit over, now I need to know just how I can possibly get the stuff into the downloads section of the site. I seem to recall trying this a long time ago and getting help from Rickstef, to whom I sent the pdfs on a pm; this time, I can't even locate a starting point, let alone be baffled by how to use it.

Should I attach the pdfs to a post or is this the really bad way to do it, leading to potential piracy by evildoers? Help please if you would like to avail yourselves of my hundreds of hours of design work!

Best wishes to all

Chris
Old 05-07-2023, 07:03 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
Once again, thanks to all who have shown an interest in, and appreciation of, my project!

As I - sort of - promised, the 15 A4 drawings are now in a state for publishing, together with a sheet of notes for builders, setting out what is on each sheet, what types of card and paper are needed for which components and various aspects of construction needing some further explanation.

I have assumed that anyone building this will be quite experienced in our craft and able to fully use the photographic information on the internet to assist in construction; I spent a great deal of time in this way developing the model and there is just about enough out there for it to be doable.

The photos in the build thread show how the basic construction, formers etc. works but I can take additional photos on request and put them on the site. Sadly, my intention to include the photos in the builders' notes is just beyond me, especially as the Notepad program I used to use for documents is no more and so the notes were written as a gmail and the text copied off and pasted into the Draftsight drawing. I'm sure there's an easier way that this should be done but, like many another computer technique, it proved unreachable!

That's the easy bit over, now I need to know just how I can possibly get the stuff into the downloads section of the site. I seem to recall trying this a long time ago and getting help from Rickstef, to whom I sent the pdfs on a pm; this time, I can't even locate a starting point, let alone be baffled by how to use it.

Should I attach the pdfs to a post or is this the really bad way to do it, leading to potential piracy by evildoers? Help please if you would like to avail yourselves of my hundreds of hours of design work!

Best wishes to all

Chris
Tank you again for such a nice model. This is what I do when I upload a model, just 4 basic steps:
Attached Thumbnails
Latecoere 631 flying boat, scratch built-5frrtfrt.jpg  
Old 05-07-2023, 07:47 AM

Thanks yankeekilo, have uploaded files - I think - and hit save but message saying required fields need to be filled in came up so probably not, because mirrors, passwords and users baffled me so no result.
Google Adsense
Old 05-07-2023, 07:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 112.04 MB
We are really looking forward to build this fantastic model.
Old 05-07-2023, 08:28 AM

Sorry - can't use the upload system; incomprehensible!!! If anyone can do this for me then fine, otherwise I've wasted my time.
Old 05-07-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
Thanks yankeekilo, have uploaded files - I think - and hit save but message saying required fields need to be filled in came up so probably not, because mirrors, passwords and users baffled me so no result.
I guess you have to add a title and a brief description, then submit at the end, you are almost there!!, thank you again for sharing with us such a perfect model:
Attached Thumbnails
Latecoere 631 flying boat, scratch built-5frrtfrts.jpg  
Old 05-07-2023, 08:40 AM

What are mirrors?? Have I to specify each user who has expressed an interest?? Why does this system assume knowledge that only a computer expert can be expected to know?? Why can't I find any instructions anywhere that tell me how to do this?? Designing and constructing the model has been a damn sight easier than this process!
Old 05-07-2023, 09:48 AM

no you dont have to enter any of that info except title and description
Google Adsense