PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-07-2023, 10:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Thanks again, I will try filling in the text box then and see how that goes; couldn't see why that would be necessary as it's all covered in the build thread so I didn't do it.
Old 05-08-2023, 04:35 AM

Files now uploaded, thank you Yankeekilo for your invaluable advice!

The system really could do with some simple instructions for use, the references to mirrors, users and passwords are just incredibly confusing and seem quite irrelevant; navigation to the right part of the site and what boxes are mandatory would seem to me basic and just aren't there - I would have given up without assistance and have need the better part of a day to calm down and psych myself up to grappling with it again.

I hope that interested parties will be able to use the design and I look forward to seeing some built examples in due course.

Best wishes to all

Chris
Old 05-08-2023, 05:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post

The system really could do with some simple instructions for use, the references to mirrors, users and passwords are just incredibly confusing and seem quite irrelevant; navigation to the right part of the site and what boxes are mandatory would seem to me basic and just aren't there - I would have given up without assistance and have need the better part of a day to calm down and psych myself up to grappling with it again.

I hope that interested parties will be able to use the design and I look forward to seeing some built examples in due course.

Best wishes to all

Chris
Chris it will be a pleasure to see that cool flying boat in my collection , thanks you for your model and for your persistence uploading it for us!. I'll post pics when I do my build
Old 05-08-2023, 05:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.69 MB
Quote:

Best wishes to all

Chris

This whole site looks about 20 years old and like Windows 98 in design, and although I appreciate the simple layout and lack of silly graphics it has a lot of downsides as you mention.
Old 05-08-2023, 05:31 AM

let's wait for our administrators to update the upload so we can download it!!!
Google Adsense
Old 05-12-2023, 05:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Fantastic looking flying boat. Excellent work on the model. Hope you got all you computer issues worked out, I share your frustration on dealing with the systems sometimes.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:36 PM

Thanks Whulsey, I did get them sorted and they are indeed a pain, plus it's now a few days since finally getting there and they aren't yet available in the download section - assume that's because there are quite a lot of drawings to process??
Old 05-16-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Thanks Whulsey, I did get them sorted and they are indeed a pain, plus it's now a few days since finally getting there and they aren't yet available in the download section - assume that's because there are quite a lot of drawings to process??
Chris thanks you so much for such a nice model, i Just downloaded it from the downloads section and it just looks terrific, is on my list to put together, thanks again!!
Old 05-17-2023, 02:13 AM

Glad it's arrived and that you are happy with it! Meant to mention in the builder's notes that I found that colouring joints etc. was best achieved using gouache (poster colour) permanent white paint with the merest dash of light blue mixed in; if the card sheets are given a couple of coats of matt spray before assembling any excess paint or glue can be wiped off. Lightly scratch spray finished areas to be glued and after assembly spray again to desired level of gloss finish.

You look as if you are already quite busy enough with your other interesting projects so I imagine the Late will be a little while before you start it.

Best wishes

Chris
Old 05-17-2023, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Glad it's arrived and that you are happy with it! Meant to mention in the builder's notes that I found that colouring joints etc. was best achieved using gouache (poster colour) permanent white paint with the merest dash of light blue mixed in; if the card sheets are given a couple of coats of matt spray before assembling any excess paint or glue can be wiped off. Lightly scratch spray finished areas to be glued and after assembly spray again to desired level of gloss finish.

You look as if you are already quite busy enough with your other interesting projects so I imagine the Late will be a little while before you start it.

Best wishes

Chris
thanks for the information Chris, i'll start editing the china clipper as soon as i finish the deux ponts
Google Adsense