PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 05-17-2023, 06:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 136.35 MB
Hello Chris; I have also downloaded files .. and ... Wooooowwww !

I had two dreams in my modelling projects , for so many many years. The Breguet 2-ponts and the Late 631 ! And both are now coming to reality !

One of my old dream finally comes true ! So many thanks for making it available !

I'll wait to gain some more experience in paper modelling before building this one , however, I wish to thank you one more time !

SO GREAT !. I'm happy

+++
JcH
Old 05-17-2023, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonClostermoz View Post
Hello Chris; I have also downloaded files .. and ... Wooooowwww !

I had two dreams in my modelling projects , for so many many years. The Breguet 2-ponts and the Late 631 ! And both are now coming to reality !

One of my old dream finally comes true ! So many thanks for making it available !

I'll wait to gain some more experience in paper modelling before building this one , however, I wish to thank you one more time !

SO GREAT !. I'm happy

+++
JcH
so glad youŽll have them both!!! please share pics when you have them finished
Old 05-18-2023, 01:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
If this can be downscaled to 144th, then I think it will make a lovely addition to my 'airliners hanging from the ceiling' collection.
Old 05-18-2023, 02:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Hi Siwi, as with my other two designs on this site the allowances for card thickness are specific to the published scale i.e. 0.18mm for general card covering and 0.6mm for thick card, so if you re-scale the sheets on your printer there may be some differences in the fit of parts that you will have to allow for. Not sure how significant this would be but just be aware of it; for example, the basic wing sheeting is 0.6mm for the 1:100 version so you would have to allow for a bit more off the ribs so that the finished surface turns out where it should be.

Best wishes

Chris
Old 05-18-2023, 02:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 134.16 MB
That sounds manageable - often have to trim formers even when building at scale.
Google Adsense
Old 09-22-2023, 10:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris190 View Post
Greetings to all from the really quite ridiculously warm UK!

Looking back, it seems that I finished my last model (SMS Gneisenau) on 11th April and since then I've been working on the design of the Latecoere 631. As with my previous scratch built aircraft, the scale is 1/100 - really quite big enough, possibly a bit too big for this prototype! - and once more, the Draftsight 2d cad programme is being used.

It's a lengthy process and the first months are spent amalgamating and interpreting reproductions of small scale, sometimes blurry original drawings, in this case supplied courtesy of Pascal Parpaite, whose book on this elegant aeroplane and its rather tragic history is the last word on the subject and well worth a read - in French of course! Each original drawing is to a differing scale, meaning that strange factors such as 1:226.83 and 1:171.44 etc. have to be applied to measure off and then draw to 1:100.

Usually, although one can get a reasonable three view result without too much difficulty, it's in the sections of all the elements where a lot of the work lies; fortunately, Pascal's drawings included a factory drawing of two fuselage cross sections from which the others need to be derived and as all information has to correspond in all dimensions, this can be quite frustrating, particularly when it's necessary to get smooth lines running from front to back on the planing bottom and the fuselage topside in both plan, section and elevation.

Then comes the development of components in the flattening out part of the work, also very time consuming, so I've started actual construction work on the fuselage before completion of the design of wings, empennage, floats and engines so as to maintain my interest.

So after five months of the above, here is the fuselage framing substantially complete after a weekend's work! Next stage is to draw out the panels infilling between the formers, since I am intending to use the same hull construction method as GPM used on the Gneisenau which, although rather bigger, gave a nice smooth hull resistant to clumsy handling.

Will post more in due course and perhaps hope for rather more rapid progress! Also keeping up with cereal consumption as the material from the boxes is ideal for framing and infill purposes.

All the best

Chris
Chris,
i've been unable to answer your private messages, can you send me and email o [email protected] ?? i'll send the clipper the way you want it
Old 09-23-2023, 05:00 AM

Total Downloaded: 604.42 MB
Thanks, just sent it!