PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 06-30-2023, 05:08 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Oh Canada!

In time for Canada Day, I have finished building the last of the CT-133s that the DGA has already coloured. She is dressed as a member of the 414 'Black Knight' Squadron and is wearing a special livery commemorating the Squadron's 50th anniversary.

Old 06-30-2023, 05:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Nice livery.

Sic Itur ad Astra!

Don
Old 07-06-2023, 03:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.46 GB
definetly texture recolor is the way yo go, very nice job
Old 07-06-2023, 05:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 559.22 MB
Who knows if my comments are not very well received, and I come across as rude in this forum.

I think that all the work invested to achieve these interesting paint schemes is something very laudable, however, in my very personal opinion, by the way, I think that it is being wasted on a model that has some large deficiencies in its design.

The shape of the plane's nose is quite far from resembling that of the real plane, the shape of the bubble does not conform to reality either, the roots of The air intakes don't seem right to me either.

I am not a designer, nor do I claim to be, and I am very aware that the shapes of the T-33, especially its nose must be very complex and difficult to design, I insist on just wanting to make constructive criticism without offending anyone, but in this case I can't say that the DGA T-33 is a good model, excuse my sincerity
Old 07-07-2023, 05:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 113.01 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor View Post
Who knows if my comments are not very well received, and I come across as rude in this forum...

I insist on just wanting to make constructive criticism without offending anyone, but in this case I can't say that the DGA T-33 is a good model, excuse my sincerity
I appreciate your comments!

I do not claim to be a master builder, but I have built a few of these models. My photo skills don't do a very good job of capturing the model either. I am among three people in the DGA that turned wrenches on T-33s when they were in active military service.

I hope that I do not come across as being defensive. I did not personally design this model, but I do appreciate its design. It is a difficult shape that was captured in a simple, three page, easy to build format. If it were a 1:33 Polish designed model it would be different I am sure.

Have you built any of the DGA's T-33 models? I think you may be surprised at just how nice they are! Do you have any real experience with this model, or with Shooting Stars?

Last edited by -Jim G; 07-07-2023 at 05:55 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 07-07-2023, 08:56 AM

Hi Jim G.
First of all I must tell you that it is a magnificent photograph that you have uploaded with so much T-33 with colorful schemes.

Regarding my experience putting together this model, I have focused almost like an obsession on doing tests assembling the nose, so I have done it with a Japanese model, then with a model designed by someone from the Netherlands and finally a Mor model that I bought it at Ecardmodels, I thought that with this last one everything would go well but I had strange results when I tried to add later sections of the fuselage.

I have also seen that people from Colombia have built some interesting T-33 based on the Fiddlers Green model but here They use petals to make up the nose, but I'm not very fan about petals, in short I'm a fussy guy who will continue to struggle with options for this model, I love the aerodynamic shapes of the real plane.

Sorry if I was a bit harsh in my previous comments.
Old 07-07-2023, 09:01 AM

By the way, it is good advice that you give me to experiment by myself with the DGA T-33 model that I have criticized without having put it together, maybe I will get something that satisfies me.
Old 07-08-2023, 05:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.02 GB
Smile

I have built many T33's from DGA, Meteor you have to consider that the design of this model by Rob Carleen was done by hand with no design software. And it's quite an old model. In 2020 I built a T-33 with some minor modifications to the assembly sequence and I say that it is possible to reproduce the nose correctly. Anyway, the current DGA model has a series of reformulations implemented by our dear and late John Bowden, such as 3D landing gear, aerodynamic brakes and other small details. As well as ditching the petaled design of the wing tip tanks. Gary is doing an amazing job repainting and unbeatable Jim testing all revamp models and new versions. Yes the model has some limitations because of age, but it is still a good build option. On small scales it looks really good.

But the criticism wasn't rude my friend, your notes are important.