PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Model Builds > Aviation

Old 02-15-2023, 05:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 865.44 MB
Thanks, Greg and Don.

Isaac! I forgot to comment on your build but I did in Greg's. Looks great and I do hope mine turns out like yours. Who knew this plane was so loved?

More tonight (I hope)...Dan
Old 02-15-2023, 08:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 679.43 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithdr View Post
Thanks, Greg and Don.

Isaac! I forgot to comment on your build but I did in Greg's. Looks great and I do hope mine turns out like yours. Who knew this plane was so loved?

More tonight (I hope)...Dan
I gave away this model during our mini paper get together in Dayton Ohio back in 2018. I do it often when I see other folks appreciate the hobby. I'll build another one for sure.

Looking forward to both builds.

Thanks

Isaac
Old 02-16-2023, 12:28 AM

Evening, All!

I got a bit more done by adding little foot rests for the radio man and then I added the first part of the wing skinning around the root. So far, seems to match well with the camera hatch peering out the bottom.

We'll see if it all matches up later!

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020891.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020892.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-p1020893.jpg  
Old 02-17-2023, 12:01 AM

Well...mistakes were made.

So after I so carefully put on the root skins, I thought I'd better add the rounded section that runs up to the cockpit edge. I then realized that this piece is not made of two panels, but one that rings the sides and bottom of the wing joint. This means I needed to slide it in first BEFORE the root skins.

Do'h!

I then began to carefully take off the root skins and they came off ok except for the area on the flat bottom so my son had the great idea to just make a copy of that since it was flat. I did so on some A4 paper. Cool...now if it did rip off, I'd have a copy.

Turns out I DID get it off with some careful modeling skills so that's great! Now, I tried to add the side skins which have nice slots that fit over the spars but I couldn't figure out how to add them! With one side in, how on earth do you get the other side in? Lots of perplexing set in.

My son then came over and said...try this Pops...just curl the piece and then it will go over both sides and spars at once. What a dork I am. It's so obvious now.

When I realized this, I was so indignant and was joking around with my son. My knitting-wife heard and saw all of this and broke down laughing so hard, she was beet-red and in tears. She thought it was so funny that I was completely flummoxed and my son just looked at it for a split second and solved the problem instantly. 3-D space has never been my forte!

Who said paper models are a solitary hobby. We all had such a hoot I couldn't help but share with everyone and try to explain. We'll remember this night for a long, long time...

Anyway, when my sides stop splitting, I'll continue the build. Live and learn and tragedy averted...for now!

Thanks for indulging,
Dan
Attached Thumbnails
PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-b.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-c.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-d.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-e.jpg  

PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-f.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-g.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-g1.jpg   PZL-23B "Karas" Maly Modelarz 1/33rd Scale-h.jpg  
Old 02-17-2023, 02:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 10.41 MB
Priceless!

Glad you could salvage the bottom wing piece.

Greg
Old 02-17-2023, 06:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.90 MB
That's why I like to design my models in a simple, convenient and easy to build way.

Many Polish models complicate the construction more than it should be.....it's something masochistic about them.

Good luck in continuing to build the model Dan.
I see you have help if needed.

YOAV
Old 02-17-2023, 07:56 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Glad you got it to fit. The storyline has left me with a great morning chuckle!

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 02-18-2023, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 93.28 MB
Wonderful! I am really impressed. It will be very detailed model!
I like this plane, the only Polish dive bomber. Once I made it's model in plastic. It was in the early 1980s and it was one of my very first models. But it was only a simple polystyrene kit in 1/72 scale with no interior at all.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 322.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOAVHOZMI View Post
That's why I like to design my models in a simple, convenient and easy to build way.

Many Polish models complicate the construction more than it should be.....it's something masochistic about them.

Good luck in continuing to build the model Dan.
I see you have help if needed.

YOAV
I second that. I quit buying printed models as soon as digital models came to be in large part due to over engineering of models to point of absurd and at times way beyond that point.

"Maly Modelarz' (Little Modeller) should have been renamed Very Skilled Modeller long time ago.
Old 02-18-2023, 08:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Good story!

Don
Google Adsense